Waldorf School Of Saratoga Springs
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs cultivate academic knowledge, artistic work, and practical skills in our students.
- Our goal is to educate so that our graduates are confident and eager to enter a life of individual initiative and social responsibility.
- Our school fosters moral strength so that the qualities of truth, beauty and goodness permeate the human spirit.
- The faculty builds a vibrant learning environment in co-operation with the parent community.
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs has as its foundation the pedagogical work of rudolf steiner and the ongoing research of the Waldorf movement.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saratoga Springs Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
459 Lake Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518)583-0841 1.9 PK-6
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 335 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
(518)429-2300 29.8 PK-12
- Albany Grades: K-12 | 155 students
314 So Manning Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
(518)437-5680 29.1 K-12
- Ballston Spa Grades: PK-6 | 52 students
100 Saratoga Village Blvd Ste 34a
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
(518)633-1971 7.6 PK-6
- Burnt Hills Grades: 9-12 | 27 students
322 Lake Hill Rd
Burnt Hills, NY 12027
(518)399-8182 13.5 9-12
I have had my two children at the Waldorf School for eleven years. I send them to school knowing they are surrounded by loving, intelligent teachers and a curriculum that feeds their soul not just their mind. I see the graduates of this school going out into the world confident in who they are and prepared to face the challenges of our changing world. There is no other choice for my family.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
My daughter's experience was wonderful. She transferred to Waldorf from the eighth grade and spent five years learning and growing in this community. She thrived in the small, intimate classroom where she found her voice and began to participate each and every day. She honed her critical thinking skills. She became a phenomenal writer and the school's focus on self expression will be a gift for the rest of her life. Her teachers learned her well. Their astute, caring focus on who she is and how she learns really enabled her to develop. She was accepted to all of the colleges to which she applied and now is prepared for the next step in her journey of education. Thank you, Waldorf.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of a recent graduate
I have 3 girls that began their journey at WSSS in the Forest K program. It has served them all so well to begin in a nature setting learning limits, confidence and self reliance. 11 years later, I have chosen to teach at WSSS and my not so little girls are thriving. They love life, don't rely on media to fill their summer days and are all reading for pleasure. As a teacher, this coming year will find me teaching all 3 of them as I continue my efforts to bring skills and craft to grades 6 through 12. I enjoy the work, love the people I work with and am thankful that the Waldorf School of Saratoga has offered my children and I so much community, support and opportunity.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
My children had a rich education in the Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs. Now as college age and young adults they are confident, capable and ready to take on the tasks in front of them. I appreciate what the teachers brought to their education and hope that many more students out there get the chance to be touched by such a rich curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Alumni Parent
For my family, this school is an oasis where human values are still esteemed, protected and promoted. Every student learns academics of course, but they also participate in art, music, movement, handwork, foreign language, drama and singing. Like it or not, they are exposed to these things and upon graduation the depth and dimension of this breadth within each of them are evident. The poise, confidence and know how they all possess makes my wife and I feel there is no where else we want to go. Of course nothing is perfect, but we have appreciated and been satisfied with the way the school has worked through issues and conflict over the years. The community feeling of the school--between parents, students and faculty--is unique and wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - father of two children at the school
My experience has been one filled with joy and richness. The teachers are beyond caring they have treated my children as their own. This school is a whole child focused educational experience, educating the head the heart and the hands.
- Posted by Parent - 15 years happy parent
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.