Saratoga Independent School
- The Saratoga Independent School's mission is to empower each student to become a confident learner who is capable of critical thinking, problem solving and teamwork.
- SIS strives to equip children with the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in an increasingly complex world, while enriching each day of their childhood.
- The educational program at the Saratoga Independent School is based on the belief that children learn best in an environment where each child is viewed as an individual with a unique learning style and distinct timetable for mastering skills. Curriculum is designed to develop children's knowledge and skill in all developmental areas--intellectual, emotional, social and physical.
- Content is selected and instruction designed to develop children's self-esteem, sense of competence, critical thinking skills and enthusiasm for learning.
- Accredited by the New York Association of Independent Schools.
Saratoga Independent School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K full day: 9,880 Kindergarten: $10,500 1st through 5th: $13,600 Middle School: $15,600 Financial Aid is available Sibling discounts provided|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Colleen Fortune|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding & Programming, Cooking Club, Engineering Club, Odyssey of the Mind, Running Club, Sewing Club, Stem and STEAM Clubs, Theater Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano Lessons, SPAC Dance Residency
- Children learn in multiage instructional groups based upon research on child development. We recognize that children`s cognitive, physical, social and emotional abilities develop on a timeline and in a sequence that is unique for each child. Rather than teaching a one-size-fits-all curriculum that targets the middle, our teachers use a variety of approaches to reach every student, no matter his/her age, strengths or learning style. Every student is challenged to reach great heights.
- We utilize a theme-based curriculum that engages children in authentic hands-on learning activities.
- Children learn and grow in an environment in which a high priority is placed on respect and caring for one another.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: 5-12 | 512 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 452-9809 24.2 5-12
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
(518) 434-6051 26.5 PK-12
- Ballston Spa Grades: PK-6 | 79 students
100 Saratoga Village Blvd Ste 34a
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
(518) 633-1971 8.5 PK-6
- Ballston Spa Grades: PK-5 | 204 students
40 Thompson St
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
(518) 885-7300 7.6 PK-5