Kindercare Learning Center
The teachers and staff at Lancaster KinderCare are passionate about educating and nurturing children.
Our teachers have an average tenure of five years at our center and an average of fifteen years in early childhood education.
We have earned degrees and teaching certificates in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Music Education, Art Education, Psychology, Physical Education, and Educational Psychology.
We are also proud to have several teachers who have continued their education and earned their Child Development Associate credential.
Our KinderCare team strives for excellence through continuing education opportunities such as semi-annual professional development days, additional college coursework and seminars in education, as well as NAEYC and PA Stars training events.
The true key to our teachers' success is their passion for teaching and their love of learning!.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 30 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Kindercare Learning Center ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Thank you for your interest in Lancaster KinderCare, where your child's safety and learning is our top priority! Our experts designed our classrooms '” and every activity and lesson '” to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as Science and Sensory and Library and Language in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. In addition, our amazing teachers use their own early childhood education knowledge to enhance and enrich each area of the classroom to help the children discover and explore the world around them. You'll also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and children's literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, we're helping develop early literacy and writing skills. Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning! Allow us to help provide your child with the knowledge that will last them a lifetime!
- At KinderCare Learning Centers, your child's safety is one of our top priorities. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, but all of our playgrounds are fenced with locked gates as well. In addition the front door of the building has a coded entry where only authorized family members will have a code to enter. A door bell is available for visitors who will be greeted by a center staff member. At Lancaster KinderCare we even have a Health and Safety Coordinator on site. Ms Alyssa's duties as Health and Safety Coordinator include conducting monthly fire drills and disaster drills, ensuring that all staff are First Aid and CPR certified, and maintaining high cleanliness and safety standards.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kindercare Learning Center?
The application deadline for Kindercare Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kindercare Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.