Saint Leo the Great School
Tel: (732) 741-3133 Ext. 225
- At Saint Leo the Great School we believe in the capacity of the individual to lead with compassion, learn with commitment, and act with courage.
- Focusing on the needs of each child, we achieve our purpose by word and deed.
- Students are inspired to achieve the highest standards in intellectual achievement through developmentally appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles.
- They are encouraged to be active participants in their commitment to God, kindness to each other, and pursuit of knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The uniqueness of Saint Leo the Great School is its ability to draw strength from its traditions of excellence, to meet the needs of the 21st Century Learner, and to move students to a better understanding of our world and their obligation to contribute to its greatness through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) based curriculum .Saint Leo the Great students are inspired to achieve the highest standards in intellectual achievement, as well as to grow in their commitment to God and the development of their faith.The school`s success is reflected in our whole community`s devotion to the continued spiritual, academic, and personal growth of our students.
- Saint Leo the Great School was recognized by the United States Department of Education in 2012 and again in 2018 as a National Blue Ribbon School. In 2019, Saint Leo's was also recgnized once more by the U.S. Department of Education as a Green Ribbon School making it the first Catholic school to win the honor in the state of New Jersey.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Red Bank Grades: PK-8 | 475 students
30 Peters Pl
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 741-3363 2.9 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.