Dayspring Christian Academy
- We are a private Christian school serving preK-12th grade students in Mountville, PA. By offering a Classical Christian education based on The Principle Approach, students grow in character, academic excellence, and critical thinking skills. Yearly field studies include trips to Boston, Washington, and Israel.
- Education options for homeschool, online, and foreign exchange students are available.
- For a well-rounded, Christian education, call Dayspring Christian Academy at 717-285-2000.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our program supports students with mild to moderate disabilities, including ADHD, Specific Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual and Physical Disabilities, and executive functioning needs.|
|Total Students||312 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, Honors Chemistry|
|Average SAT score||1244|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,275|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $930 3 Day Kindergarten: $5274 Supplemental Kindergarten (2 days): $2804 Elementary School: $10,533 Middle & High School: $11,275 Tuition Assistance Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Karol Hasting|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aeronautics Club, Bibles 2 School, Math Olympics, School Newspaper, Science Club, STEM Club, Student Government, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Varsity Leadership, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Ukulele Club, Worship Team
- Dayspring Christian Academy is a preK-12 classical Christian school in Mountville, PA. Through our Principle Approach, rigorous academic instruction, and experienced faculty, graduates of Dayspring are well-prepared to attend college, trade schools, or enter the workforce. Dayspring offers classical Christian education to students from pre-K through 12th grade. Combining academic education with a foundation on biblical principles, our faculty is able to facilitate learning, character development, and critical thinking and reasoning. Each year students go one several field studies, which help them gain hands-on experience in what they have learned in their science, history, and literature courses. These field studies include trips to Washington, DC, New England, and Israel. Through our partnership with Cairn University, as well as Advanced Placement Courses, our high school students can earn up to 30 college credits while still at Dayspring. A full 89% of graduating seniors attend college or post-secondary training after graduation, and several have qualified for the National Merit Program. We offer a two day a week Preschool for your 3-year-old child, as well as pre-K and Kindergarten for children ages 4-6 years old. Dayspring`s Warriors our student-athletes compete against top competition in 8 varsity and 5 middle school sports. Varsity sports include golf, boys` soccer, girls` volleyball, cross country, boys` & girls` basketball, girls` lacrosse, and track & field. Teams compete in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) District III, as well as the Commonwealth Christian Athletic Conference (CCAC). We also have a cooperative sponsorship program with J.P. McCaskey High School in Lancaster, PA, which allows our students to participate in additional varsity sports, including football, baseball, softball, bowling, swimming, field hockey, tennis, and wrestling. Dayspring is accredited by or affiliated with several Christian and public education associations, including the Foundation for American Christian Education (FACE), the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association (MACSA), Discover Christian Schools, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA), the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD), and the Nehemiah Institute. Dayspring is proud to host and organize the Remember America Speaker Series. Held each spring in downtown Lancaster, PA, this series gathers some of the top thinkers and speakers in America to talk about religious liberties, politics, and government. Past speakers include Franklin Graham, Rick Green, Glenn Beck, Dr. Ben Carson, and Alveda King. Our school is conveniently located on College Avenue in Mountville, PA. We are close to the Mountville Library Center, Susquehanna Dance Center, and across the street from Mountville Park. We are right off of Route 30, making us easy to access from Lancaster and the suburbs in the east, and Columbia and York County to the west. Visit our website to see more of our academic offerings. To schedule a tour of our school for you and your child, call us today at 717-285-2000.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lancaster Grades: NS-12 | 326 students
2390 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717)556-0711 5.9 NS-12
- Lancaster Grades: NS-6 | 246 students
2750 Weaver Rd
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717)560-0815 4.1 NS-6
- Lancaster Grades: NS-8 | 256 students
935 Columbia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717)397-7655 0.2 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.