Dayspring Christian Academy
Tel: (717) 285-2000
Dayspring Christian Academy Photo #2 - Dayspring Christian Academy offers middle and high school sports including boys soccer, golf, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, track and field, and girls lacrosse. Additional sports are offered through a cooperative sponsorship program.
Dayspring Christian Academy Photo #3 - We recognize that middle school students are beginning to ask questions-big questions-about the world in which they live and their part in it. Middle school students want to know that they are not alone. So, the middle school years (grades 6-8) at Dayspring Christian Academy in Lancaster, PA are focused on student engagement.
Dayspring Christian Academy Photo #4 - The Hybrid Learning method at Dayspring Christian Academy enables students to have multiple ways of learning a math lesson to enable mastery and to meet students varied learning styles.
Dayspring Christian Academy Photo #5 - Honors High School provides students the ability to earn college credit while still in high school at Dayspring Christian Academy.
We are a private Christian school serving preK-12th grade students in Mountville, PA. By offering a Classical Christian education based on The Principle Approach, students grow in character, academic excellence, and critical thinking skills. Yearly field studies include trips to Boston, Washington, and Israel.
Education options for homeschool, online, and foreign exchange students are available.
For a well-rounded, Christian education, call Dayspring Christian Academy at 717-285-2000.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our program supports students with mild to moderate disabilities, including ADHD, Specific Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual and Physical Disabilities, and executive functioning needs.|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, Honors Chemistry|
|Average SAT score||1244|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Elementary students: Khaki pants or jumper and polo shirt with logo. Middle and High school studets: Khaki pants or skirt, button down shirt with logo. Ties for male students in grades 9-12.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,499|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $1,030 plus $50 registration fee 3 Day Pre-K and Kindergarten: $5,886 Supplemental Kindergarten (2 days): $3,130 Elementary School: $11,757 Middle & High School: $12,499 Financial Aid is Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Karol Hasting|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aeronautics Club, Bibles 2 School, Math Olympics, School Newspaper, Science Club, STEM Club, Student Government, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Varsity Leadership, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Ukulele Club, Worship Team
- Dayspring Christian Academy is a preK-12 classical Christian school in Mountville, PA. Through our Principle Approach, rigorous academic instruction, and experienced faculty, graduates of Dayspring are well-prepared to attend college, trade schools, or enter the workforce. Dayspring offers classical Christian education to students from pre-K through 12th grade. Combining academic education with a foundation on biblical principles, our faculty is able to facilitate learning, character development, and critical thinking and reasoning. Each year students go one several field studies, which help them gain hands-on experience in what they have learned in their science, history, and literature courses. These field studies include trips to Washington, DC, New England, and Israel. Through our partnership with Cairn University, as well as Advanced Placement Courses, our high school students can earn up to 30 college credits while still at Dayspring. A full 89% of graduating seniors attend college or post-secondary training after graduation, and several have qualified for the National Merit Program. We offer a two day a week Preschool for your 3-year-old child, as well as pre-K and Kindergarten for children ages 4-6 years old. Dayspring`s Warriors our student-athletes compete against top competition in 8 varsity and 5 middle school sports. Varsity sports include golf, boys` soccer, girls` volleyball, cross country, boys` & girls` basketball, girls` lacrosse, and track & field. Teams compete in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) District III, as well as the Commonwealth Christian Athletic Conference (CCAC). We also have a cooperative sponsorship program with J.P. McCaskey High School in Lancaster, PA, which allows our students to participate in additional varsity sports, including football, baseball, softball, bowling, swimming, field hockey, tennis, and wrestling. Dayspring is accredited by or affiliated with several Christian and public education associations, including the Foundation for American Christian Education (FACE), the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association (MACSA), Discover Christian Schools, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA), the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD), and the Nehemiah Institute. Dayspring is proud to host and organize the Remember America Speaker Series. Held each spring in downtown Lancaster, PA, this series gathers some of the top thinkers and speakers in America to talk about religious liberties, politics, and government. Past speakers include Franklin Graham, Rick Green, Glenn Beck, Dr. Ben Carson, and Alveda King. Our school is conveniently located on College Avenue in Mountville, PA. We are close to the Mountville Library Center, Susquehanna Dance Center, and across the street from Mountville Park. We are right off of Route 30, making us easy to access from Lancaster and the suburbs in the east, and Columbia and York County to the west. Visit our website to see more of our academic offerings. To schedule a tour of our school for you and your child, call us today at 717-285-2000.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lancaster Grades: NS-12 | 326 students
2390 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 556-0711 5.9 NS-12
- Lancaster Grades: NS-6 | 246 students
2750 Weaver Rd
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 560-0815 4.1 NS-6
- Lancaster Grades: NS-8 | 255 students
935 Columbia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 397-7655 0.2 NS-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.