Montessori Academy Of Lancaster
- The Montessori Academy was founded in 1982. Our current school facility was built in 1998, with an addtional four classrooms and a library added in 2009.
- Our school was designed specifically for Montessori classroom needs. We offer an authentic Montessori education with multi age level classrooms.
- The Academy offers a nurturing and secure learning environment (in Manheim Township) on 10.5 acres of land.
- We have student-tended gardens and a nature trail, and we are surrounded by farm life.
- We also have two beautiful outdoor playground areas designed with safety in mind.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Rubenstein|
- -The Montessori Academy was founded in 1982. -Built in 1998, with an addition in 2009. -The Academy offers a nurturing and secure environment (in Manheim Township) -10.5 acres of land. -Student-tended gardens and a nature trail. -Two playgrounds -Excellent student teacher ratio -Enrichments which include foreign languages, music, art, yoga, creative movement and cooking -Handicap accessible
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountville Grades: NS-12 | 312 students
120 College Avenue
Mountville, PA 17554
(717) 285-2000 4.1 NS-12
- Lancaster Grades: NS-12 | 326 students
2390 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 556-0711 4.9 NS-12
- Lancaster Grades: NS-8 | 255 students
935 Columbia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 397-7655 4.1 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?