Sacred Heart School
5.00 (1 review)
Sacred Heart School Photo #2 - Our students work together with respect, cooperation, and kindness. Our virtue of the month education, robust anti-bullying program, and school security and safety initiatives ensure our students are in the safest environment! All are welcome at Sacred Heart!
Sacred Heart School Photo #3 - We are proud of our academic program, but our artists, athletes, musicians, and techies have lots of opportunities to shine in art, physical education, music, and technology classes!
Sacred Heart School Photo #4 - We have two Golden Apple Award winning teachers on our faculty. Three of our teachers were honored at our most recent Education Conference for the Diocese of Harrisburg. The majority of our faculty holds graduate degrees in education and all are PA state certified!
Sacred Heart School Photo #5 - Our Instructional Support Teacher (PA special education certified) works one-on-one with our students to give them the support they need to succeed. They have a lot of fun too!
Sacred Heart School Photo #6 - Math is fun! Second grade loves the teacher's interactive teaching style. Individual attention and differentiated instruction ensure all students succeed!
Sacred Heart School Photo #7 - Our students in grades 6-8 will never tell you that reading is boring. Here, our Middle School participates in a Book Tasting event! We encourage creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration across the curriculum.
- Sacred Heart is a learning environment committed to the spiritual, intellectual, social and personal growth of each student based on the teachings of the Catholic Church through partnership among administration, faculty, staff, students and families.
- Small class sizes, personalized learning, unique PK and Middle School Programs, STEM lab and classes, and a whole-person focus on education for life make Sacred Heart a special place.
- Come for a tour and learn more about joining our family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We support a variety of learning differences through personalized planning by our instructional support teacher.|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,650|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition rate reflects the cost to educate a student in our school. We have tuition assistance available to ALL families and we do not turn any families away due to financial need. Please ask us how we can help you afford a Catholic education! We look forward to working with you to provide your child with an education for life!|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ellen Tuzzino|
|Admissions Associate||Ann Weaver|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Serving, Chess Club, Home and School Events, National History Day, Science Explorers, Science Fair, STEM Club, Student Council, Writing Contests
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Instrumental Music Lessons, Sacred Heart Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- Our Mission
- Focused on academic excellence, nourished by the Eucharist, and guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church, the mission of Sacred Heart School is to provide a quality Catholic education for our students whereby they will be prepared to become faithful witnesses of the Gospel and future leaders in our Church and responsible members of society.
- Our Beliefs
- Founded on the threefold educational mission of the Church (to teach, to foster Christian community, and to encourage service), we believe that Catholic education contributes to the development of the whole person: spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lancaster Grades: K-8 | 197 students
521 E Orange St
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717)392-3083 0.7 K-8
- Lancaster Grades: NS-12 | 326 students
2390 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717)556-0711 5.6 NS-12
SHS is unique in having Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary working and teaching throughout the school. They provide a model for teachers, staff and students alike to maintain an atmosphere of hospitality and commitment. Students are taught notions such as gratitude, service and respect along with testable skill areas of education. The atmosphere of civilized decency and the support of academic acheivement is worth far more than one could pay with tuition. All the same, every effort is made to assist families financially to allow enrollment of interested students.
- Posted by Parent - jfdub
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?