- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 131 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Kingsbury School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Kingsbury is an independent day school devoted to making learning a lifelong pursuit. Kingsbury's program emphasizes academic concepts and skills while, at the same time, preparing its students to make reasoned decisions and to think critically. It educates children as individuals with their own potentials, interests, and needs while promoting an atmosphere of intellectual discipline and companionship. The program offers each student access to a variety of learning environments, materials, and media.
- Kingsbury provides a social environment that encourages individual freedom and stresses the individual's responsibility to society. A premium is placed on honesty, openness, and kindness. Children are asked to be as tolerant of weaknesses as they are appreciative of talents and to have respect and concern for fellow students and adults alike.
- In an increasingly complex and interdependent world which calls for people whose insight, resourcefulness, and responsibility allows them to grow with change, Kingsbury helps each child develop a sense of personal worth and effectiveness by offering the opportunity to succeed in meaningful activity. At the same time, it teaches students how to cope with mistakes, thus giving them the confidence to accept risks. The school seeks to instill in all students the courage to aim high, to face their particular challenges resolutely, and to accept responsibility.
- In a sense, Kingsbury is more than a school. Rather, it is a community which involves students, parents, teachers, and friends in its decision making, learning activities, and daily life. This community is enriched by the inclusion of persons of differing backgrounds and personalities, which encourages respect for diversity.
- Kingsbury believes that education will give individuals confidence in their ability, the skills to reach their potential, and enthusiasm for ideas which should sustain them through a lifetime of challenges and learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kingsbury School cost?
Kingsbury School's tuition is approximately $9,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Kingsbury School?
The acceptance rate of Kingsbury School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 94%. Kingsbury School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Michigan with low acceptance rates.
What is Kingsbury School's ranking?
Kingsbury School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for: Lowest average acceptance rates and Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Kingsbury School?
The application deadline for Kingsbury School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kingsbury School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards