5.00 (1 review)
- Academic Excellence since 1953! Located on a beautiful 125-acre campus with woods, a pond and nature trails, KCDS is an International Baccalaureate World School Primary Years Programme.
- Nationally recognized environmental studies program. Full slate of extracurricular activities. Summer Camps include: academics, sports, and preschool.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||JK starting at $6333, Kindergarten $8550, 1st through 8th $9500. Tuition Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Audrey J. Smith-Dibble|
- Kingsbury is an independent day school devoted to making learning a lifelong pursuit. Kingsbury's program emphasizes academic concepts and skills while, at the same time, preparing its students to make reasoned decisions and to think critically. It educates children as individuals with their own potentials, interests, and needs while promoting an atmosphere of intellectual discipline and companionship. The program offers each student access to a variety of learning environments, materials, and media.
- Kingsbury provides a social environment that encourages individual freedom and stresses the individual's responsibility to society. A premium is placed on honesty, openness, and kindness. Children are asked to be as tolerant of weaknesses as they are appreciative of talents and to have respect and concern for fellow students and adults alike.
- In an increasingly complex and interdependent world which calls for people whose insight, resourcefulness, and responsibility allows them to grow with change, Kingsbury helps each child develop a sense of personal worth and effectiveness by offering the opportunity to succeed in meaningful activity. At the same time, it teaches students how to cope with mistakes, thus giving them the confidence to accept risks. The school seeks to instill in all students the courage to aim high, to face their particular challenges resolutely, and to accept responsibility.
- In a sense, Kingsbury is more than a school. Rather, it is a community which involves students, parents, teachers, and friends in its decision making, learning activities, and daily life. This community is enriched by the inclusion of persons of differing backgrounds and personalities, which encourages respect for diversity.
- Kingsbury believes that education will give individuals confidence in their ability, the skills to reach their potential, and enthusiasm for ideas which should sustain them through a lifetime of challenges and learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Orion Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
703 N Lapeer Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362
(248)693-6215 7.3 PK-8
- Farmington Grades: KG-8 | 39 students
28555 Middlebelt Rd
Farmington, MI 48334
(248)851-7372 26.1 KG-8
- Oxford Grades: UG | 91 students
2575 Indian Lake Rd
Oxford, MI 48370
(248)693-2878 4.5 UG
Kingsbury is more than just a school. It is a community and a life learning center. Whether it be nature study, science, math, theater arts, cultures of the world, or community involvement K.C.D.S. opens the eyes of their students to possibilties and allows the student to be part of the process of learning rather than a drone commited to barriers supported by rote.
- Posted by Parent - tlawr
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.