KLASCHOOLS of Walnut Creek
- KLASCHOOLS (KIDS LEARNING ADVENTURE) in Walnut Creek, California, is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
- We provide a quality, dynamic, creative learning environment for our children, parents and educators.
- We are located in the Park Shadelands area directly across from Kaiser Permanente.
- We are a full day preschool program that serves children between the ages of 3-months to 6-years of age and their families.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Marina Alessandrini|
- We believe that with the right stimulus children’s curiosity, creativity and individuality can foster a lifetime love for learning, an appreciation for their community and all life on our planet. Our goal is to sustain and strengthen their innate characteristics.Our educational setting is inspired by a child’s marvel at the gifts of life and their multiple facets of creative expressions. Our educators observe, document and interpret children’s thinking and learning in order to expand their curiosity. We support children to become respectful, confident, individual thinkers and thoughtful citizens of the world. As a school we nourish quality communication and relationships. We welcome ideas for learning and share best practices so that we can provide a higher quality experience for our children. When parents, teachers and the community are involved, children thrive.
- “The wider the range of possibilities we offer children, the more intense will be their motivations and the richer their experiences. We must widen the range of topics and goals, the types of situations we offer and their degree of structure, the kinds and combinations of resources and materials, and the possible interactions with things, peers, and adults.” –Loris Malaguzzi
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walnut Creek Grades: PK-K | 124 students
2780 Mitchell Dr
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
(925)944-0626 0.2 PK-K
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
(925)686-5353 0.5 9-12
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 1038 students
1130 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
(925)288-8148 0.5 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.