Lakeview Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Lakeview Christian Academy is a Preschool thru Grade 12, nondenominational, independent Christian school.
- Our Statement of Faith identifies our core values and provides us with our identity, mission and purpose.
- We are an educational ministry that provides all Christian families with training in academic excellence and spiritual development for over 35 years.
- All of our programs and activities are Biblically integrated (truth driven), providing a spiritual foundation from which to disciple and equip our students for life.
- Our focus on a rigorous core curriculum throughout the instructional sequence ensures that we graduate all students with the ability to enter a post-secondary educational environment without the need for remediation.
- We recognize the importance of raising and training our children within the Christian community to have the courage to reflect the light of Jesus Christ in a world full of challenges.
- By partnering together, we can and will make a difference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government (3 college credits), American Literature (3 college credits), Biology (5 college credits), Calculus (5 college credits), College Algebra (3 college credits), College Composition I (3 college credits), College Composition II (3 college credits), English Literature (3 college credits), General Chemistry I (5 college credits), General Chemistry II (5 college credits), Microeconomics (3 college credits), Philosophy (3 college credits), Pre-Calculus (5 college credits), Spanish II (5 college credits), Spanish III (5 college credits), US History I (3 college credits), US History II (3 college credits)|
|Average SAT score||1185|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Conservative dress code policy (no uniforms).)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level from $5700-$7600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Todd Benson|
|Admissions Associate||Angela Benson|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Community Service, Educational/Spiritual Retreats, Field Trips, FIRST Lego League, FIRST Robotics, Junior Rotary, Mission Trips, Science Fair, Speech Meet, Spelling Bee, Student Government Association, Young Scientists
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama/Theater, Worship Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Where can a family find a school that offers an exceptional academic program while emphasizing timeless values, and a well-rounded, others-centered environment Many have found the answer in Lakeview Christian Academy, an accredited, non-denominational Christian school residing on a campus centrally located north of the downtown area. This pre-school through high school academy has been known for excellence in academic and spiritual training for over thirty years, and provides a complete educational program for primary and secondary students. Students and parents appreciate the small classroom sizes and the personalized attention their children receive from committed teachers. The traditional education at Lakeview focuses on a solid core curricular instructional sequence that is Biblically integrated at all levels, ensuring that all students have a specific depth of knowledge in the core subjects of Mathematics, Science, English, Literature, Social Studies, and Biblical Studies prior to graduation. All students are prepared for any kind of post-secondary education without the need for remediation by providing them with a solid academic foundation. This preparation provides colleges, universities, and vocational/technical schools with students equipped with the required skills that are necessary to start and finish the training process for different careers. Lakeview has a firm commitment to help students achieve to their highest level of ability. In addition to a focus on a solid core curriculum, Lakeview provides a variety of service and extracurricular/co-curricular opportunities. Every student in middle and high school is required to perform a number of community service hours each year, benefitting both the student and the community. Lakeview is a member of the MSHSL and participates in fall, winter and spring athletics. Students are provided with a number of elective opportunities, which include choral, art, worship team, computer applications, foreign language, and yearbook. Additional opportunities through academic competitions, retreats and mission trips are made available each year. Lakeview Christian Academy carefully selects its programming options for students to ensure their alignment with our educational philosophy of providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
We have had our daughter at Lakeview 6 years and we love this school, it is more like a big family. The teachers and staff are top notch and the student body is amazing.
- Posted by Parent - Jon
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.