Lander-Grinspoon Academy is a Jewish day school in the Pioneer Valley welcoming children of families from all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
Our mission is to provide a rich, academically rigorous, and values-based education integrating general and Jewish studies in a nurturing environment.
Our vision is to inspire a community of lifelong learners to create a better world.
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Students: 65 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,300
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
There is a $4000 non-need based grant available to all full-pay families, and an additional $1000 available to K-1 students who have spent a minimum of 1 yr in Jewish pre-K. There is also a financial aid program for families who need more than the $4000
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Deborah Bromberg Seltzer
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Lander~Grinspoon Academy is a Jewish day school in the Pioneer Valley that welcomes children of families from all Jewish traditions and backgrounds. Our mission is to provide a rich, academically rigorous, and values-based education integrating general and Jewish studies in a nurturing environment.
- OUR VISION: 1) To engender in students a love of learning and a positive Jewish identity. 2) To maximize each student's intellectual, emotional, social, ethical, and spiritual development. 3) To impart knowledge and skills enabling students to become independent learners, critical thinkers, and caring, responsible citizens of our Jewish, American, and global communities. 4) To foster an appreciation of the centrality of Israel in modern Jewish life.
- OUR VALUES: 1) A forward-looking general studies curriculum that has depth and breadth, provides stimulating, in-depth instruction in the core disciplines of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and the arts, while supporting active inquiry and mastery, and encourages each child to excel to the best of his or her abilities. 2) A creative dual-language Jewish curriculum that provides a firm foundation of Jewish knowledge and experiences through a focus on Hebrew language, Jewish history and culture, Israel, textual study, religious observances, and spiritual practice is presented in an egalitarian framework. 3) A thoughtful social and ethical curriculum that teaches children to behave in a manner that is compassionate and respectful, to honor diversity and equality, to practice the mitzvah of Tikkun Olam (actively improving the world). 4) A caring, dedicated, and skilled teaching staff that works together with families to assure education of the whole child. 5) A warm, nurturing, and creative environment that cultivates self-esteem, encourages success, serves a variety of learning styles, and values community.
Profile last updated: 01/12/2021
Endorse Lander-Grinspoon Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.