Tel: (413) 584-6622
- Lander-Grinspoon Academy is a Jewish day school in the Pioneer Valley welcoming children of families from all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Our mission is to provide a rich, academically rigorous, and values-based education integrating general and Jewish studies in a nurturing environment.
- Our vision is to inspire a community of lifelong learners to create a better world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,300|
|Tuition Notes||There is a $4000 non-need based grant available to all full-pay families, and an additional $1000 available to K-1 students who have spent a minimum of 1 yr in Jewish pre-K. There is also a financial aid program for families who need more than the $4000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,109|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ellen Frank|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley Hooten|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Ultimate FrisbeeUltimate Frisbee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Lander~Grinspoon Academy is a Jewish day school in the Pioneer Valley that welcomes children of families from all Jewish traditions and backgrounds. Our mission is to provide a rich, academically rigorous, and values-based education integrating general and Jewish studies in a nurturing environment.
- OUR VISION: 1) To engender in students a love of learning and a positive Jewish identity. 2) To maximize each student's intellectual, emotional, social, ethical, and spiritual development. 3) To impart knowledge and skills enabling students to become independent learners, critical thinkers, and caring, responsible citizens of our Jewish, American, and global communities. 4) To foster an appreciation of the centrality of Israel in modern Jewish life.
- OUR VALUES: 1) A forward-looking general studies curriculum that has depth and breadth, provides stimulating, in-depth instruction in the core disciplines of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and the arts, while supporting active inquiry and mastery, and encourages each child to excel to the best of his or her abilities. 2) A creative dual-language Jewish curriculum that provides a firm foundation of Jewish knowledge and experiences through a focus on Hebrew language, Jewish history and culture, Israel, textual study, religious observances, and spiritual practice is presented in an egalitarian framework. 3) A thoughtful social and ethical curriculum that teaches children to behave in a manner that is compassionate and respectful, to honor diversity and equality, to practice the mitzvah of Tikkun Olam (actively improving the world). 4) A caring, dedicated, and skilled teaching staff that works together with families to assure education of the whole child. 5) A warm, nurturing, and creative environment that cultivates self-esteem, encourages success, serves a variety of learning styles, and values community.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northampton Grades: PK-8 | 32 students
45 Round Hill Road
Northampton, MA 01060
(413) 307-1700 0.6 PK-8
- Northampton Grades: 4-12 | 26 students
78 Pomeroy Ter
Northampton, MA 01060
(413) 584-1310 1.2 4-12
- Florence Grades: K | 5 students
83 Pine St
Florence, MA 01062
(413) 584-1725 1.5 K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.