Lawton Academy Of Arts & Sciences
- The philosophy that drives a school and its staff is a very important issue.
- Key decisions, curriculum, and interaction among students and staff are affected by the overlying philosophy.
- The Lawton Academy of Arts & Sciences is guided by the personal educational philosophy of its founder, Kay F. Johnson, who has developed and refined this belief during her forty years of teaching experience.
- We believe in continuous-progress learning. That is, a child should be taught and allowed to learn at his own speed. We also promote process learning.
Lawton Academy Of Arts & Sciences places among the top 20% of private schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Spanish, Korean|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||tuition varies from grade to grade: $4650 from prek-8th to $5500 in secondary. One time, per family $500 enrollment fee. All supplies and snack lunch included in tuition|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cross Country, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Cross Country,|
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, BEST Robotics, Creative Writing Club, Exploravision, Future City Competition, Guitar Lessons, Honor Society, Mathcounts, OSSAA Speech and Debate, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
All-Region Choir, All-State Choir, Band, Circle the State Choir, National Forensics League, Strings Ensemble
- Lawton Academy provides a differentiated curriculum aimed at meeting the needs of gifted students. Classes are designed to engage students in meaningful research, to develop problem-solving strategies, and to promote critical and creative thinking through a rigorous curriculum that not only satisfies their intellectual curiosity, but also creates the opportunity for maximizing potential. Students at Lawton Academy are required to explore the arts and academics fully, with participation in advanced-level classes and fine arts (music, art, technology, public speaking/theater) being required of all students. Being identified as a "gifted learner" is not necessary for admission. Many of our students are self-motivated learners who enjoy the opportunity to work alongside others committed to the learning process.
- Lawton Academy is accredited by North Central Association, Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)/AdvancEd which is recognized for accreditation by the Oklahoma State Department of Education.We also offer scholarship opportunities through the Opportunity Scholarship Fund, a tax-credit scholarship fund that provides scholarships to Oklahoma K-12 students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lawton Grades: PK-12 | 438 students
1 Nw Crusader Dr
Lawton, OK 73505
(580) 836-6885 2.8 PK-12
- Palmer Grades: 1-12 | 12 students
9109 Glenn Hwy
Palmer, AK 99645
(907) 745-0793 2867.5 1-12
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 706-7086 1315 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323) 771-9135 1123.1 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.