League For The Handicapped, Inc
- Educational, therapeutic, and family support services offered to children ages 0-8 with all types of developmental disabilities.
- Services are offered in center-based clasrooms as well as in community sites and homes.
- A toddler class is available for children 18-36 mo. old. A specialized program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder utilizes an ABA approach based on the principles of Verbal Behavior Training.
- Integrated programming is offered onsite in collaboration with Head Start.
- A large outdoor area offers an unique fully accessible playground and children's garden, bike/trike path, wooded trails and large open sunny and shaded spaces for outdoor play.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Collins Grades: 6-10 | 8 students
13961 Sisson Hwy
Collins, NY 14034
(716) 532-1004 9 6-10
- Yorkshire Grades: K-12 | 137 students
12045 Old Olean Rd
Yorkshire, NY 14173
(716) 492-2203 10 K-12
- South Wales Grades: 6-12 | 157 students
2491 Emery Road
South Wales, NY 14139
(716) 652-3450 13.8 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.