Les Enfants Montessori School
Tel: (718) 626-9549
- We at Les Enfants Montessori School have been providing excellent educational services to the Astoria community and surrounding areas since 1980.
- Montessori education provides a safe, nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth of each child.
- Through the exercises in practical life, the child develops the control of movement and eye-hand coordination, which will aid in writing.
- Other activities involve precise movement of the hand and body leading to coordination of sight and muscle control.
- Language is taught to the child through everyday conversation shared among peers or adults within his life.
- The child's own tools for language are hearing, vision and speech.
- The teacher and the environment of the Montessori classroom facilitate language development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 223-4667 6.1 NS-12
- Levittown Grades: PK-8 | 42 students
5 N Village Green
Levittown, NY 11756
(516) 520-0301 20.5 PK-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
(718) 728-8376 0.2 PK-8
- Jamaica Grades: NS-PK | 163 students
11432 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434
(718) 657-2500 9.2 NS-PK
- Jamaica Grades: PK-K | 15 students
12002 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434
(718) 723-8454 10.2 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.