St Demetrios School
Tel: (718) 728-1754
- Saint Demetrios Greek-American Schools are committed to provide each student an outstanding opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an environment which fosters a strong sense of community within a culturally student body.
- Students are thoroughly prepared through a stimulating and rigorous academic curriculum, an outstanding faculty and small class size.
- In addition, students participate in a variety of extracurricular activities that extend beyond their well-rounded classroom programs.
- These activities help students to learn important social, leadership and life skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Greek Orthodox|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Endowment Size||$25 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Boy Scouts, Computer Club, Environmental Club, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Honor Council, International Club, Key Club, Math Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Reading Club, Robotics Club, Student Council, Technology Club, theater, Worship Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir, Dance Team, Drama Club, Elementary Choir, Fine Arts, Liturgical Choir, Performing Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 315 students
10244 Wiesman Dr.
Omaha, NE 68134
(402) 399-9565 1151.9 NS-12
- Astoria Grades: PK-12 | 523 students
22-30 33rd St
Astoria, NY 11105
(718) 728-1100 0.9 PK-12
- Flushing Grades: K-8 | 423 students
4315 196th St
Flushing, NY 11358
(718) 357-5583 7.3 K-8
- Fresh Meadows Grades: 9-12 | 2443 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
(718) 423-8810 7.8 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.