St. Joseph Catholic Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (718) 728-0724
- St. Joseph Catholic Academy is a Catholic school. Each morning and afternoon at St. Joseph Catholic Academy begins with a prayer and a pledge.
- St. Joseph Catholic Academy shares, reflects, and celebrates diversity.
- Our family roots trace back through 40 nationalities and 32 languages.
- We offers Extended Day program, Early Morning Program, Parish Youth and Sports programs and Summer programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
2163 29th St
Astoria, NY 11105
(718) 728-1969 1.3 PK-8
- Astoria Grades: NS-8 | 326 students
2118 46th St
Astoria, NY 11105
(718) 726-9405 1.1 NS-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
(718) 728-8376 0.8 PK-8
- Corona Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
104 - 19 49th Avenue
Corona, NY 11368
(718) 592-5070 3.2 PK-8
I went to this school since 2015-2018. I graduated here and all I have to say is this school is amazing.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Emily
I attended St. Joe's from 68-77 and received a top quality education where the priests and nuns ran the school. St. Joe's education was structured, balanced, and although may require additional time and effort on part of the family, in the long run, you will never regret ever going there once you graduated. As you became a part of it, it became a part of you.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - dkque
My child has been attending this school since Nursery I am beyond happy secure and satisfied with the entire faculty I would recommend this school to all!!!!
- Posted by Parent - Donna
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.