Evangel Christian School
- Working closely with the home, ECS is committed to educating students to strive for spiritual, moral and academic excellence, leading each student into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to training the student to serve Christ in every area of life.
- ECS is committed to assist parents in the Christian Education of their children by providing an environment where students can be educated in the highest principles of character, Christian leadership, self- discipline,individual responsibility, personal integrity and good citizenship.
- All instruction is based on a Bible integrated course of study meeting State requirements taught by born-again qualified committed teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||573 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, College Math, College Writing 101, College Writing 102, Elementary Spanish 101, Elementary Spanish 102, General Psychology, Hispanic -American Spanish Lit 102, Hispanic-American Spanish Lit 101, Intermediate Spanish 101, Intermediate Spanish 102, Physics, World Civilization 101, World Civilization 102|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Janet Garcia|
|Admissions Associate||Janet Garcia|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Elementary Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society|
- Our School Curriculum is aligned to the State Standards and Common Core Standrards. We are also aligned to the NYC Scope and Sequence for all content areas.
- We offer 47 College Credits - taught here at the school - through NYACK College -
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Astoria Grades: NS-8 | 321 students
2163 29th St
Astoria, NY 11105
(718)728-1969 2.9 NS-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
(718)728-8376 2.3 PK-8
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)223-4667 6.3 NS-12
- Jackson Heights Grades: NS-8 | 519 students
3527 82nd Street
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
(718)639-9020 3.3 NS-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.