Evangel Christian School
Tel: (718) 397-9600
- Working closely with the home, ECS is committed to educating students to strive for spiritual, moral and academic excellence, leading each student into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to training the student to serve Christ in every area of life.
- ECS is committed to assist parents in the Christian Education of their children by providing an environment where students can be educated in the highest principles of character, Christian leadership, self- discipline,individual responsibility, personal integrity and good citizenship.
- All instruction is based on a Bible integrated course of study meeting State requirements taught by born-again qualified committed teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||453 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, College Math, College Writing 101, College Writing 102, Elementary Spanish 101, Elementary Spanish 102, General Psychology, Hispanic -American Spanish Lit 102, Hispanic-American Spanish Lit 101, Intermediate Spanish 101, Intermediate Spanish 102, Physics, World Civilization 101, World Civilization 102|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Janet Garcia|
|Admissions Associate||Janet Garcia|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Elementary Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society|
- Our School Curriculum is aligned to the State Standards and Common Core Standrards. We are also aligned to the NYC Scope and Sequence for all content areas.
- We offer 47 College Credits - taught here at the school - through NYACK College -
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
2163 29th St
Astoria, NY 11105
(718) 728-1969 2.9 PK-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
(718) 728-8376 2.3 PK-8
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 223-4667 6.3 NS-12
- Jackson Heights Grades: NS-8 | 519 students
3527 82nd Street
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
(718) 639-9020 3.3 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.