Evangel Christian School
- Working closely with the home, ECS is committed to educating students to strive for spiritual, moral and academic excellence, leading each student into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to training the student to serve Christ in every area of life.
- ECS is committed to assist parents in the Christian Education of their children by providing an environment where students can be educated in the highest principles of character, Christian leadership, self- discipline,individual responsibility, personal integrity and good citizenship.
- All instruction is based on a Bible integrated course of study meeting State requirements taught by born-again qualified committed teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||573 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Advanced Courses||College Writing 101, College Writing 102, World Civilization 101, World Civilization 102, College Math, Elementary Spanish 101, Elementary Spanish 102, Intermediate Spanish 101, Intermediate Spanish 102, Hispanic-American Spanish Lit 101, Hispanic -American Spanish Lit 102, General Psychology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Janet Garcia|
|Admissions Associate||Janet Garcia|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Elementary Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society National Elementary Honor Society,|
National Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Our School Curriculum is aligned to the State Standards and Common Core Standrards. We are also aligned to the NYC Scope and Sequence for all content areas.
- We offer 47 College Credits - taught here at the school - through NYACK College -
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AstoriaGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2163 29th St
Astoria, NY 11105
- AstoriaGrades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
- Forest HillsGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
- AstoriaGrades: NS-8 | 147 students
3120 21st Ave
Astoria, NY 11105
- Middle VillageGrades: K-9 | 616 students
6121 71st St
Middle Village, NY 11379
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.