Liahona Academy For Youth
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (435) 635-0740
LIAHONA ACADEMY'S MISSION STATEMENT Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where each student can develop the mental, emotional, and physical skills necessary to become a productive and contributing member of society.
Give us a call, We want to Help Your Son.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Liahona Academy has been helping troubled boys and their families since 2001 and is among the top residential treatment centers in the nation. Liahona Academy's therapeutic program is based on the effective philosophy of a keen balance between "love and discipline". At Liahona, we believe that boys thrive in an environment of "love" and "discipline". Moreover, we believe that boys respond to the help offered when they feel loved, respected and responsible.
- At Liahona Academy, the balance between unconditional love (respect) and accountability(discipline) has been demonstrated to be the perfect combination. Boys respect those who expect "greatness" from them and these boys tend to live up to expectations, both good and bad.
- Boys appreciate those who will hold them accountable; sending the message, "you have what it takes to be great". Over the years we have restored thousands of troubled boys and their families through "love and discipline". Our proven results speak for themselves.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Liahona Academy For Youth is Sunrise Academy (1.0 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Evoke Therapy Programs (19.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toquerville Grades: 9-12 | 15 students
652 N Shady Ln
Toquerville, UT 84774
(435) 215-0500 5.2 9-12
- Toquerville Grades: 6-12 | 88 students
730 Spring Dr
Toquerville, UT 84774
(855) 329-8478 5.4 6-12
- Hurricane Grades: 6-12 | 130 students
1500 E 2700 S
Hurricane, UT 84737
(435) 635-4297 5.6 6-12
- Virgin Grades: 6-12 | 22 students
633 E Highway 9
Virgin, UT 84779
(855) 973-0334 10.1 6-12
This school changed my life! Everything I am now is attributed to this school. Before Liahona Academy, I was miserable and hated who I was. Now I am genuinely happy and successful in life. I have regained my family relationships, I'm finishing my first year of college, and I have a wonderful job and vision for my future! Don't waste time looking at more schools. You've already found the right one!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Caleb Porter
I love this school, it gave me a second opportunity in my life and allowed me to become so much closer to my family and just get my life on the right path. The therapy they do actually works and helps the boys overcome their addictions and negative attitudes. Parker and Rich are truly passionate about what they do, and they do care about the boys. I am now a college student with academic honors at my school, doing an internship, and also tutoring biology on my college campus. All of those accomplishments go to the staff, Parker, and the therapists that helped me get my head on straight. This place didn't just change me for the better, but it saved my life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Areeb
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.