- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Life Experience Program at Strawberry Fields is for students between 15 and 21 years of age who require a supportive, individualized, small group setting. This program provides a unique transitional placement from inpatient or day program settings to a less restrictive environment. Students benefiting from this program might have epilepsy, secondary emotional, eating disorders and/or educational challenges such as: ADD, depression, learning disabilities, or other issues affecting self esteem and success in traditional school settings. Our goal is to instill in students a greater sense of self-respect and confidence while helping them complete the requirements for their high school diploma or reentry into their community. Students explore their strengths and develop compassion for themselves and others within a stable, accepting, yet challenging atmosphere. Program offers a nurturing and supportive environment in which students may discover hidden strengths and talents, Individualized educational plans with input of family and caregivers, Support for those making the transition from inpatient or day programs back into their communities, Opportunities to build compassion and empowerment through service to others, A staff experienced in boosting the adolescent's confidence and self-esteem. Involvement at The Life Experience School begins for each student, at the time of admission, with an inclination toward peacemaking and desire to explore their own compassion and empathy in service to others. Together, peacemaking and service become the guiding themes of the educational experience for each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Life Experience School?
Endorse Life Experience School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards