Lighthouse Christian Academy
- Lighthouse Christian Academy/Daycare is to empower our students to impact our culture by fulfilling their God-given purpose as Christians with Godly character influencing the church and the world.
- Lighthouse Christian Academy/Daycare partners with parents to provide a positive and challenging academic experience in a truly Biblical environment administered by a well trained, loving Christian staff.
- Lighthouse Christian Academy believes the true goal of education is to know God because God is the source of all truth, wisdom, and knowledge.
- Since God is omniscient, all areas of life and learning are sacred.
- Christian worldview places all learning within the parameters of Scripture, therefore all instructional areas will be taught from a Biblically based view.
- Curriculum is specially designed and selected to challenge the student to internalize a Christian worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumberland Grades: PK-12 | 391 students
700 Bishop Walsh Rd
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301)724-5360 3.1 PK-12
- Cumberland Grades: NS-12 | 234 students
14517 McMullen Hwy.
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301)729-0791 7.4 NS-12
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.