- Lighthouse Christian Academy/Daycare is to empower our students to impact our culture by fulfilling their God-given purpose as Christians with Godly character influencing the church and the world.
- Lighthouse Christian Academy/Daycare partners with parents to provide a positive and challenging academic experience in a truly Biblical environment administered by a well trained, loving Christian staff.
- Lighthouse Christian Academy believes the true goal of education is to know God because God is the source of all truth, wisdom, and knowledge.
- Since God is omniscient, all areas of life and learning are sacred.
- Christian worldview places all learning within the parameters of Scripture, therefore all instructional areas will be taught from a Biblically based view.
- Curriculum is specially designed and selected to challenge the student to internalize a Christian worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CumberlandGrades: PK-12 | 391 students
700 Bishop Walsh Rd
Cumberland, MD 21502
CumberlandGrades: NS-12 | 234 students
14517 McMullen Hwy.
Cumberland, MD 21502
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.