Lighthouse Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (608) 441-9408
Lighthouse Christian School is a ministry of Lighthouse Church. We believe in providing a Christian environment for children to learn in so they may be disciplined in the ways of the Lord. We strive to create a learning experience that is strongly based in academics but does not neglect the growth of the body and spirit of the child It is or hope that, like Jesus, our students will grow "in wisdom and stature, andin favor with God and men." (Luke 2:52).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Dyslexia, speech impediment|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- We began in 2004, as a vision of our church and congregation to offer children a safe, quality elementary program that would nurture the spirit, mind and body of the child in a bilingual setting. We have since grown to include state-licensed child care from ages 2-12, a K4 program and Kindergarten through 7th grade. Since each child is unique and valuable, we strive to maintain small class sizes to offer individual attention, while at the same time promoting community through mixed-age group classes and activities. We believe that parents have the ultimate responsibility to educate their children, and we are the support system to help achieve that goal. Our families are very important to us and we rely on parent support and inclusion in all aspects of our program. We hope you will consider becoming a part of our family. God bless you!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 256 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608) 221-1520 9.9 K-12
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 269 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
(608) 273-0309 4.2 K-8
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 140 students
2310 Independence Lane
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 244-3045 10.8 PK-8
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 307 students
829 Edgewood College Dr
Madison, WI 53711
(608) 663-4100 3.7 K-8
Lighthouse has been a Godsend to my son and myself! All the staff we`ve worked with are committed to supporting the children not only academically but spiritually and emotionally as well. Not even 2 months into my son`s first year at LCS, staff suggested we start making accommodation for my son`s needs. The staff are supportive and knowledgeable of special needs and special circumstances. Communication is easy with staff. There are a lot of opportunities for students at LCS as well. This is not just a school. This is a community! They strive to support families in any way they can!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.