Madison Waldorf School
- School's mission is to provide education that honors every child¡¯s enthusiasm for initiative, creativity and social responsibility.
- The Waldorf educational philosophy is committed to nurturing the whole human.
- Our curriculum integrates arts and movement with an intellectually rigorous academic education to foster artistic expression, critical thinking, problem solving, athletic judgment, and sound intellectual reasoning.
- Waldorf graduates is creative and ethically aware young people intellectually prepared for the most demanding colleges, and eager to engage with the world around them.
- Waldorf pedagogy nurtures healthy emotional development by conveying knowledge experientially as well as academically.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,870|
|Tuition Notes||We have a strong tuition adjustment process|
|Admissions Director||Laurie Nagus|
- The pre-school and kindergarten program is based on strong rhythm and modeling. Days in our kindergarten allow ample time for indoor and outdoor play. Children participate in purposeful tasks throughout the day, such as cooking, cleaning, and washing. Circle time allows young children to participate in seasonal verses, songs, stories, and games. Our kindergarten students grow through exposure to artistic offerings, such as puppet plays, live music, drawing, watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, and simple handwork. This daily schedule encourages the development of balance, coordination and important gross and fine-motor skills, while supporting the child's imagination, sense of wonder for the world adn reverence for life.
- Our curriculum in thr grades integrates arts and movement with a classically-based academic education to foster artistic expression, problem solving, athleticism and ethical judgement. The Waldorf grade school curriculum is deliberately structured to complement the student's's developmentatal stages. Each academic subject receives intense focus over the course of a year, is integrated with the other aspects of our curriculum, such as movement, painitng, drama, etc., and taught in a way that involves the whole child.
- Children receive deep learning experiences in their Main Lesson (8:30-10:30 daily), when new concepts in math, language, history, geography etc are taught. Beginning in the first grade, children take "specialty subject" classes in German and Spanish, handwork (knitting, crochet, sewing, soft sculpture), games, woodworking (starting in 4th grade) painting, modeling. Students perform a class play every year based on the literary component for that year.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MadisonGrades: K-8 | 259 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
- Sun PrairieGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
1007 Stonehaven Dr
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- MiddletonGrades: NS-8 | 197 students
8406 Ellington Way
Middleton, WI 53562
- MiddletonGrades: K-8 | 3 students
3232 W Point Rd
Middleton, WI 53562
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.