Madison Waldorf School
School's mission is to provide education that honors every child¡¯s enthusiasm for initiative, creativity and social responsibility.
The Waldorf educational philosophy is committed to nurturing the whole human.
Our curriculum integrates arts and movement with an intellectually rigorous academic education to foster artistic expression, critical thinking, problem solving, athletic judgment, and sound intellectual reasoning.
Waldorf graduates is creative and ethically aware young people intellectually prepared for the most demanding colleges, and eager to engage with the world around them.
Waldorf pedagogy nurtures healthy emotional development by conveying knowledge experientially as well as academically.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Students: 88 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,870
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
We have a strong tuition adjustment process
- The pre-school and kindergarten program is based on strong rhythm and modeling. Days in our kindergarten allow ample time for indoor and outdoor play. Children participate in purposeful tasks throughout the day, such as cooking, cleaning, and washing. Circle time allows young children to participate in seasonal verses, songs, stories, and games. Our kindergarten students grow through exposure to artistic offerings, such as puppet plays, live music, drawing, watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, and simple handwork. This daily schedule encourages the development of balance, coordination and important gross and fine-motor skills, while supporting the child's imagination, sense of wonder for the world adn reverence for life.
- Our curriculum in thr grades integrates arts and movement with a classically-based academic education to foster artistic expression, problem solving, athleticism and ethical judgement. The Waldorf grade school curriculum is deliberately structured to complement the student's's developmentatal stages. Each academic subject receives intense focus over the course of a year, is integrated with the other aspects of our curriculum, such as movement, painitng, drama, etc., and taught in a way that involves the whole child.
- Children receive deep learning experiences in their Main Lesson (8:30-10:30 daily), when new concepts in math, language, history, geography etc are taught. Beginning in the first grade, children take "specialty subject" classes in German and Spanish, handwork (knitting, crochet, sewing, soft sculpture), games, woodworking (starting in 4th grade) painting, modeling. Students perform a class play every year based on the literary component for that year.
Endorse Madison Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.