- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,870
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our pre-school and kindergarten program is based on strong rhythm and modeling while allowing ample time for child-led indoor and outdoor play. Children also participate in purposeful tasks each day, such as cooking, baking, cleaning, and washing. Circle time allows them to participate in seasonal verses, songs, stories, and games while nurturing gross motor skills and brain development. Our kindergarten students grow through exposure to artistic offerings such as puppet plays, live music, drawing, watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, and simple handwork. This daily schedule encourages the development of balance, coordination, gross and fine-motor skills, while supporting the child's imagination, sense of wonder for the world, and reverence for life.
- The curriculum in our grades integrates arts and movement with a classically-based academic education to foster artistic expression, problem solving, athleticism, and ethical judgement. The Waldorf grade school curriculum is deliberately structured to complement the child's developmental stages. Each academic subject receives intense focus over the course of a year, is integrated with the other aspects of our curriculum (such as movement, painting, drama, etc.), and engages the whole child -- mind, body, and soul.
- Schedule a private tourtoday to see how Waldorf education nurtures students to have the intellectual creativity, emotional fortitude, and purposeful engagement to thrive and lead in an ever-changing world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Madison Waldorf School cost?
When is the application deadline for Madison Waldorf School?
Endorse Madison Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards