Linden Waldorf School
Tel: (615) 354-0270 Ext. 31
Linden Waldorf School Photo #2 - Abundant outdoor time and screen-free, experiential learning are hallmarks of a Waldorf education. Take a tour of our verdant, twelve acre campus and see why Linden Waldorf School addresses the head, hands, and heart of children from Early Childhood through 8th grade. Email us at email@example.com.
Linden Waldorf School Photo #3 - Abundant outdoor time and screen-free, experiential learning are hallmarks of a Waldorf education. Take a tour of our verdant, twelve acre campus and see why Linden Waldorf School addresses the head, hands, and heart of children from Early Childhood through 8th grade. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linden Waldorf School, the only Waldorf school in Tennessee, serves grades Pre-K through 8th and holds the coveted dual accreditation by the Southern Association of Independent Schools and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Centrally located in vibrant Nashville, Tennessee, our campus rests on twelve verdant acres.
Linden Waldorf School`s mission is to provide education that honors the developmental stages of childhood, cultivates a love of learning, and addresses the whole child through the head, hands, and heart. Community is the fabric of a Waldorf education.
Life at Linden feels comfortably familiar, even to new arrivals. We think it might be because, in the midst of today's bustle and noise, our goal is to bring joyful reverence to the education and keeping of every child entrusted to us. The rhythm of annual festivals and events fills these young lives with confidence and security.
A dedicated community strives to hold our diverse student body in an embrace of inclusivity.
While teaching support of the environment through sustainable practices, we strengthen the message that children and adults can collaborate to be good stewards of the earth. Alongside rigorous academics, a Waldorf school revolves around bringing a depth of meaning and the richness of discovery to every facet of the social education it provides.
Simply put, Linden Waldorf School's aim is to prepare the whole child for the whole world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No logo apparel, closed-toed shoes; modest and comfortable apparel appropriate for freedom of movement.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,850|
|Tuition Notes||see website: http://www.lindenwaldorf.org/tuition.html|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mari Beth Sartain, Enrollment|
|Admissions Associate||Miriam Mimms, Outreach|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Badminton,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Basketball Club, Crosscountry Club
- The only Waldorf school in Tennessee, Linden Waldorf School is part of a global community of Waldorf schools celebrating 100 years of education in 2019. Set on twelve verdant acres in the heart of Nashville, Linden Waldorf School serves children from early childhood through the eighth grade. Our teachers are committed to developing students' intellectual flexibility, independent judgment, and moral courage. Waldorf educators work with the conviction that childhood is sacred; that children learn naturally when the curriculum meets their developmental needs; that children's imaginations need to be nurtured and protected; and that students should be engaged through active, curious participation in their learning. Our faculty emphasizes the importance of a children's ability to find joy in learning and to experience wonder and awe in the world around them. Come see this dynamic education come alive at our Windows on Waldorf tours for adults. Reserve a spot at www.lindenwaldorf.org/tours. For information about our school, please contact Outreach Coordinator Miriam Mimms at email@example.com.
- Our Vision: We envision a thriving intergenerational and diverse community of lifelong learners dedicated to fostering the ideals of Waldorf education with the intention of cultivating the intellectual curiosity, moral consciousness, and physical well-being of our students, families, and the greater community.
- Our Mission: Linden Waldorf School`s mission is to provide education that honors the developmental stages of childhood, cultivates a love of learning, and addresses the whole child through the head, hands, and heart.
- We Value: Waldorf education and participating in its evolution; building on the foundation of Rudolf Steiner`s insights into child development and actively working to keep the education relevant to our time and place. Education that is developmentally appropriate, addresses the whole child, is academically challenging and fosters a lifelong love of learning. A thriving community built on the ideals of peace, joy, cooperation, collegiality, financial responsibility, diversity, integrity and respect. A deep connection with nature that nurtures wonder and reverence for the world around us. We value bio-dynamic agriculture and other forms of environmental stewardship that create a sustainable path into the future. A welcoming learning environment where faculty and staff strive to bring students to an understanding and experience of the common humanity of all the world`s people - transcending stereotypes, prejudices, and divisive barriers.
- LWS At a Glance:
- Linden Waldorf School
- 3201 Hillsboro Pike
- Nashville, TN 37215
- Office Hours M-F 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Year founded: 1997
- Member, Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA)
- Member, Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN)
- Member, Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Status: Non-sectarian, coeducational, 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Serving: Parent-Child, Early Childhood, Grades 1-8
- Classroom Teacher-Student ratio: 1:10
- Average Class Size: 17
- Full or part-time faculty: 61
- Percentage of students receiving tuition assistance in 2017-18: 31%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: NS-12 | 384 students
2329 Prosser Rd
Knoxville, TN 37914
(865) 521-6054 163.1 NS-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.