Long Island Hebrew Academy
- Long Island Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Jewish Day School committed to providing its students, families and community the highest standards in Jewish and Secular education.
- LIHA is founded on the principles of Torah values, love of Israel and dedication to the people if Israel.
- Our goal is to prepare our students to become confident life long learners, leaders and productive citizens of the world.
- This goal is achieved through our unique students centered educational initiative.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dark pants/skirt, white shirt/blouse, collar )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sharyn Blaustein|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Homework Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- People that viewed Long Island Hebrew Academy also viewed these schools: Silverstein Hebrew Academy.
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.