- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 54 students
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
French, Junior Classical League, Mandarin Chinese, photography
Arts and Music Programs:
Aurum Chorum (Music Leadership club), Private Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Louisville Classical Academy stands in a long tradition of education that reflects the spirit of inquiry of ancient Greece. Students at LCA learn, in a very literal way, how to participate productively in the "Great Conversation" that began in Athens more than 2,000 years ago and continues today.In the modern world, essential areas of study in the classical liberal arts and sciences include Latin and Greek, advanced science and mathematics, enduring literature, history, fine arts, music, and geography, as well as culturally significant mythology and philosophy. These tools develop superior habits of mind that also accelerate learning in the sciences, history, and art.Within this intellectual home, LCA students in kindergarten through twelfth grade learn to approach learning and life with reason, mindfulness, and purpose.Louisville Classical Academy is a small school by design, and our scale enables students to find a meaningful place within a vibrant community. Kindness, patience,and courtesy are truly honored. Our teachers` goal for each student is self-confidence tempered by the humility that should result from an encounter with the great thinkers whose works we study.When needed, above grade-level class placements are based on the student`s prior studies, areas of talent or challenge, and overall maturity. Our determination to ignore grade levels where they get in the way of accelerated learning has allowed us to successfully support eighth graders in Calculus, Advanced Placement Latin, and Advanced Placement Art History. Boredom in the classroom or with the LCA curriculum is not a common complaint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Louisville Classical Academy offer?
When is the application deadline for Louisville Classical Academy?
Endorse Louisville Classical Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards