Lubbock Christian School
- Lubbock Christian School began in 1954 and is the oldest private school in Lubbock.
- Lubbock Christian School now accepts students for 3-year-old pre-k through 12th grade.
- Lubbock Christian School is dedicated to providing a quality enviornment in which each student will grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- Lubbock Christian School's educational philosophy grows out of its understanding of the Christian faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average ACT score||23|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit the LCS website for tuition rates|
|Admissions Director||Brianna Lair|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Competitions, Bird Gang, Book Club, NHS/NJHS, One Act Play, Robotics Club, Spelling Bee, STUCO, Writing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Art Competition, Band, Choir
- Lubbock Christian School began in 1954 as a kindergarten and graduated its first senior class in 1965. LCS has prospered through much prayer and hard work by teachers, parents, and friends. Lubbock Christian School is dedicated to providing a quality enviornment in which each student will grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man. Lubbock Christian School's educational philosophy grows out of its understanding of the Christian faith. We believe that the underlying source, goal, and direction of everything is the one revealed in the Bible as the Creator, Governor, and Redeemer of the universe. We believe that all reality is dependent upon this one and is intended to reflect his goodness and glory.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Grades: PK-12 | 387 students
4011 54th St
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806)795-8283 2.7 PK-12
I would highly recommend LCS to any family in Lubbock. I attended LCS K-12 and was tremendously blessed by my time at this school. The people I was around every day helped in developing the passionate and professional woman I am today. I am looking forward to the day that my children start school and are also blessed by the teachers, students, and values that are experienced at LCS. Not only did this school nurture my social, emotional, and spiritual growth, but it prepared me to be a great student when I was in college.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Emily Pitaniello