5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (806) 747-4277
A co-ed, college prep school for students diagnosed with dyslexia, ADHD, and other language processing disorders. Offering concurrent college classes, fine arts, and athletics.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Cognia|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Language Processing Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder, Executive Functioning Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo shirts and khaki bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Manda Moralez|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Sharp Academy is a private co-ed school, non-profit organization, serving students in grades Pre-K through 12th since 2009. Our purpose is providing learning different students a college preparatory education (average or above intelligence) with full, effective curriculum through individualized education plans.
- Christian values honored on campus, including prayer and scripture
- No mandatory daily or weekly homework per subject (time provide in class for assignments)
- Home Study with parents - unfinished class work, projects, test studying, or research papers*
- 6 to 8 students maximum per room per teacher for core subjects
- Teachers who have a heart and passion for LD students, trained specifically for LD students
- Mandatory uniforms khaki or black pants, shorts or skirts, red, white or black polo`s
- Concurrent College Courses for high school students
- ACT Testing Center
- Academic Student Action Plan (ASAP) for every student goals and documentation about specific student needs
- Diagnostic evaluation and testing required and available for every student
- Full accommodations in all classes
- Direct teaching in all subjectsNo deductions for misspelled words, but correction and coaching provided
- Technology Lab, and devices provides on campus with variety of software applications
- Parent volunteerism and involvement through
- Sharp Parent Association SPACommunity service involvement for students
- College counseling and career development beginning in 8th grade
- A multi-sensory learning atmosphere including technology, visual aids, auditory presentation and direct instruction
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Sharp Academy is Southcrest Christian School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Grades: PK-12 | 455 students
4011 54th St
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806) 795-8283 2 PK-12
- Lubbock Grades: K-8 | 5 students
5302 Elgin Ave
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806) 795-4481 2 K-8
My daughter has been going for 6 years to Sharp. She has made great friends through it all. The teachers have given her great self-esteem about herself. My daughter struggled in public school but the teachers help her a lot.
- Posted by Parent - Jaylyn
What a great school. Smaller class sizes. A dedicated, caring, and experienced teaching staff. Adaptive teaching methods to ensure each student has the best opportunity for learning. Athletic program with wonderful facilities. Classrooms that are up-to-date with current technology. School promotes continued education and trainings for their staff.
- Posted by Parent - MR
Sharp Academy is a God's send and has completely changed our child's life. We were at our wit's end when we found Sharp Academy. Our daughter has severe dyslexia and had trouble keeping up in public school. She always would ask "Why am I different". She is now an A/B student, has so much confidence and doesn't ask that question anymore. The staff is so dedicated and makes sure every child is taught the way that they learn. I highly recommend Sharp Academy for any child that learns differently.
- Posted by Parent - Sherri Cypert
small classes with loving teachers who teach your child at their learning level.
- Posted by Parent - jb
Excellent school, exemplary staff! My middle schooler was riddled with anxiety when it came to school. The structure and staff at Sharp Academy have helped her tremendously! A hidden gem in Lubbock!!
- Posted by Parent - Shaunna R.
Our son started Sharp as an incoming 6th grader after having been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder (mid 5th grade) and loosing his ability to walk completely. It was attributed to severe anxiety and bullying that he had received in public school. He wasn't physically bullied however as a student who learned " differently" than others he was constantly "left behind" because he couldn't learn the same way as everyone else. So after 4 months of being wheelchair bound and 15 days of in-patient treatment at a local rehab hospital we made the decision to look for a different type of school for him. When we found Sharp it not only changed his life, but ours too. Our family dynamic changed, his attitude and confidence grew and his love of academics began to grow. He is now in 8th grade, has the highest GPA in his class for the 3rd year in a row and loves participating in an sport they offer. His confidence has grown not only academically but also personally. Sharp is a small, but mighty, school that teaches children how they need to learn. They offer different teaching styles in the classroom, tapered to each child's needs. Even if that means teaching one lesson multiple ways in a single lesson. If you are looking for individualized and personalized high level, one-on-one education for your kid, Sharp is the place to be!
- Posted by Parent - J. Kerr
Exceptional school. Completely changed our child's life. Sharp Academy has a family atmosphere. The staff is so dedicated to make sure material is delivered in a manner that my child can succeed. Love the small student/teacher ration and have seen such a difference in my Childs confidence now that he knows he can learn.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Exceptional school. Absolutely changed our child's life. Sharp Academy has a family atmosphere. The staff truly love our children and go above and beyond to insure each child receives the best education possible.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Life changing! My son went from feeling like a failure to graduating as Valedictorian! We should have moved him before 7th grade! Don't wait, move your child now for the best education available for kids with dyslexia!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Validictorian
I love my job! To see children learn to read for the first time, and high school students graduate with over 20 college hours is amazing. We have a family atmosphere, with talented teachers, that are dedicated to our students success. We have a high retention rate with students and teachers. God has truly blessed the mission of this school.
- Posted by Administrator - Lisa
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.