North Central Texas Academy
Tel: (254) 897-4822
North Central Texas Academy Photo #2 - The Academy Complex features over 60,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities. The campus also includes gymnasiums, tennis courts, swimming pool, baseball field, football/track stadium, fine arts building, youth ministry building, a student activities building, and much more.
North Central Texas Academy Photo #3 - The NCTA cheer leading squad travels with the sports teams in various seasons.
North Central Texas Academy Photo #4 - Elementary students have their own wing in the Academy, including a gym and a playground.
North Central Texas Academy Photo #7 - The Pioneer and Lady Pioneer baskeball teams hold many State Championship records in Texas , including 6 straight girls State Championships and 5 straight boys.
North Central Texas Academy Photo #8 - The NCTA Pioneers captured back-to-back State Championships in 2002 and 2003 and are consistently in the TAPPS State playoffs each year.
North Central Texas Academy Photo #9 - The NCTA Pioneers have access to amazing athletic facilities.
North Central Texas Academy's goal is to prepare students for advanced education through a rigorous, college-preparatory educational program taught within a Christian worldview framework. Students are also prepared for life as informed, ethical, moral, and productive citizens through a host of other opportunities that promote intellectual, social, and emotional growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Part of Boarding Program|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English, Government, Microeconomics, Physics, Statistics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Bridge Pre-K $5,100; K - $6,400; 1-5 $7,100; 6-8 $8,000; 7-12 $9,000; Full Boarding $36,000; Scholarships/Financial Aid Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amanda Schwausch|
|Admissions Associate||Sherrie Ivey Morrow|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H, Chess Club, ESL, Foreign Language, Horticulture, Math Club, Photography, Yearbook, Youth and Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Drama, Instrumental Ensemble, Pottery, Private Instruments
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Horses, Outdoor Education
- Balance; to keep steady; the power or ability to decide; considering everything; At North Central Texas Academy, the curriculum provides students with a balanced and strong foundational knowledge base in the areas of history, science, government, and economics as well as core academic skills in reading, writing, mathematics, and technology. Regardless of the academic subject, instruction in all classes focuses on building critical thinking, problem solving, communication, organization, study, and social skills. North Central Texas Academy's goal is to prepare students for advanced education through a rigorous, college-preparatory educational program taught within a Christian worldview framework. Students are also prepared for life as informed, ethical, moral, and productive citizens through a host of other opportunities that promote intellectual, social, and emotional growth. North Central Texas Academy is a boarding, day, and international school that provides opportunities very much like a university but on a K-12 level. The Academy prepares students for university life educationally, socially, and physically. The student body is extremely diverse, yet each member shares a common goal of excelling educationally while demonstrating Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Self-Discipline, and Compassion. What distinguishes the Academy from almost all other boarding schools at this level is the dedication to raise scholarship funding for most of the students in the program. For those families who can afford tuition, it is expected, but for those students with high goals, yet without the ability to afford such an education, a liberal financial aid program is available. The Academy seeks out under-served students with the same high abilities, much like a university, and provides scholarships in order that these highly-motivated boys and girls receive the same opportunity to learn, commit, grow, and eventually assume positions of responsibility and leadership in society. North Central Texas Academy offers its students a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum, fosters the development of social and emotional well-being, deepens spiritual growth and moral maturity, encourages an appreciation for the arts and creativity, emphasizes the value of good work and study habits, and promotes regular physical exercise and healthy lifestyles. This balance creates a learning environment where amazing things happen.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granbury Grades: NS-12 | 149 students
603 Meander Rd
Granbury, TX 76049
(817) 573-6485 5.8 NS-12
- Cleburne Grades: PK-7 | 39 students
1410 Glenhaven -- P.O.Box 2017
Cleburne, TX 76033
(817) 641-2857 23.2 PK-7
- Oklahoma City Grades: PK-12 | 949 students
9500 N Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
(405) 749-3200 219.8 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.