Lutheran School Of St. John The Evangelist
Tel: (718) 963-3074
- ST. JOHN SCHOOL MISSION IS TO PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVE FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS SEEKING A CHRISTIAN-CENTERED, ACADEMICALLY BASED, HIGH QUALITY AFFORDABLE EDUCATION. HERE AT ST.JOHN'S OUR FOCUS IS STUDENT CENTERED WITH AN ENRICHED, INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO REMEDIATION AND ADVANCED LEARNING.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms available at Cookies Department Stores)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,750|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $3000 descending scale for two or more students|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Gail M. Powell|
|Admissions Associate||Craig Powell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Garden Club, Multi-Ethnic Festivals, Table Game Tournaments, Walkathons|
- SMALL CLASS SIZE: 15 STUDENTS MAXIMUM llSTANDARIZED ACADEMIC CURRICULUM with INDEPENDENT APPROACHES TO INDIVIDUALIZED STUDENT'S NEEDS.
- EMPHASIS ON CONTINUED ENHANCEMENT OF BASIC LEARNING SKILLS THRU FOSTERING OF SELF-DISCIPLINED WORK AND STUDY HABITS
- ACCELERATION OF BELOW LEVEL STUDENTS
- ONGRADE-LEVEL STUDENTS ENHANCED THROUGH INDEPENDENT PROJECTS, TRIPS, TECHNOLOGY AND BY DIVERSE CULTURALLY ENRICHED ACTIVITIES.
- FOSTERING AND NURTURING A CHRISTIAN APPROACH TO LIFE.
- ENCOURAGING SPORTMANSHIP, RESPECT AND KINDNESS IN ALL ENDEAVORS TOWARDS SELF, SCHOOLMATES AND AUTHORITY FIGURES.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-10 | 418 students
1413 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 854-0800 5.7 PK-10
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 858-5100 3.1 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
1260 Ocean Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 859-1313 5.6 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-5 | 129 students
2739 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718) 421-9581 5.2 NS-5
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.