- What distinguishes Madison Academy from other schools in North Alabama is our balanced approach to learning.
- A quality education in a Christian environment is the primary mission of Madison Academy.
- We offer academically rigorous classes in a relaxed learning environment.
- We cultivate a competitive, winning attittude in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie.
- We embrace diversity so that we may honor Christ in everything we do.
- We provide service and mission opportunities that help develop Christian attitudes.
- We encourage students to live by the ideals upon which our nation was founded and to be good citizens.
- We teach secular educational material from a Biblical perspective so that our students are both well informed and fully grounded.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||868 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, Dual-Enroll English 12, Dual-Enroll Honors Advanced Mathematics, Dual-Enroll Honors Chemistry II, Dual-Enroll Physics, Dual-Enroll World History, Honors Advanced Mathematics, Honors Algebra I 8, Honors Chemistry, Honors Chemistry II, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre Calculus, Honors Pre-Algebra 7,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, shorts, or skirt with MA approved polo, jacket, or sweatshirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,050|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling discounted tuition rate|
|Admissions Director||Joanna Walker|
|Admissions Associate||Renita Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anchor Club, Bass Anglers Club, BEST Robotics, Chess Club (grades 3-6), Delta Phi Omega, Diamond Dolls, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Mu Alpha Theta, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
AP Art, Art, Chorus, Concert Band, Drumline, Kidz Art (grades K-1), Marching Band, Theater
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: NS-12 | 958 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256)799-6100 8.4 NS-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-12 | 702 students
237 Johns Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)705-8000 4.3 PK-12
- Madison Grades: K-6 | 271 students
375 Mt Zion Rd
Madison, AL 35757
(256)705-8300 5.9 K-6
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)837-5266 3.9 PK-8
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.