- What distinguishes Madison Academy from other schools in North Alabama is our balanced approach to learning.
- A quality education in a Christian environment is the primary mission of Madison Academy.
- We offer academically rigorous classes in a relaxed learning environment.
- We cultivate a competitive, winning attittude in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie.
- We embrace diversity so that we may honor Christ in everything we do.
- We provide service and mission opportunities that help develop Christian attitudes.
- We encourage students to live by the ideals upon which our nation was founded and to be good citizens.
- We teach secular educational material from a Biblical perspective so that our students are both well informed and fully grounded.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||868 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, Dual-Enroll English 12, Dual-Enroll Honors Advanced Mathematics, Dual-Enroll Honors Chemistry II, Dual-Enroll Physics, Dual-Enroll World History, Honors Advanced Mathematics, Honors Algebra I 8, Honors Chemistry, Honors Chemistry II, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre Calculus, Honors Pre-Algebra 7,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, shorts, or skirt with MA approved polo, jacket, or sweatshirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,050|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling discounted tuition rate|
|Admissions Director||Joanna Walker|
|Admissions Associate||Renita Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anchor Club, AP Art, Art, Bass Anglers Club, BEST Robotics, Chess Club (grades 3-6), Chorus, Concert Band, Delta Phi Omega, Diamond Dolls, Drumline, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Kidz Art (grades K-1), Marching Band, Mu Alpha Theta, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government Association, Theater Anchor Club, AP Art, Art, BEST Robotics, Chorus, Concert Band, Diamond Dolls, Drumline, Marching Band, Mu Alpha Theta, Spanish Club, Theater, Bass Anglers Club,|
Chess Club (grades 3-6),
Delta Phi Omega,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Kidz Art (grades K-1),
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Spanish Honor Society,
Student Government Association,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HuntsvilleGrades: K-12 | 935 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
- HuntsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 636 students
237 Johns Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
- HuntsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 121 students
175 W Park Loop Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
- MadisonGrades: PK-8 | 458 students
1057 Hughes Rd
Madison, AL 35758
- HarvestGrades: K-12 | 218 students
7640 Wall Triana
Harvest, AL 35749
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.