Maranatha Mennonite Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- STATEMENT OF FAITH ~ We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God.(2 Timothy 3:16)
- ~We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.(1 John 4:6)
- ~We believe in the diety of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.(1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 2:21-24; John 3:16)
- ~ We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration is absolutely essential.(Romans 3:21-23; Galatians 4:4-7)
- ~ We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Galatians 5:22-25)
- ~ We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life; and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:24, 28, 29)
- ~ We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.(John 17:21-23).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- SPIRITUAL OBJECTIVES ~ To have the students come to know God as their loving Father; Christ as their Lord and Savior; and the Holy Spirit as their constant Guide and Illuminator.
- ~ To teach the Bible as God's Word for today - speaking to all our needs, giving the basis for our morals, and giving the foundation for understanding all other subjects.
- ~ To provide guidelines for spiritual growth toward maturity.
- ~ To make students aware of the world around them and their Christian responsibility to the world.
- ~ To teach that every Christian should yield himself whole-heartedly to God, lovingly obeying all of His will, and willingly expending himself in service.
- ~ To develop strength of Christian character so that the student can explain and retain his convictions under pressure.
- ACADEMIC OBJECTIVES ~ To help the students develop an awareness of the relevance of God in all subject matters.
- ~ To develop good use of basic skills in communicating with others.
- ~ To develop an understanding of man's literary heritage.
- ~ To help the student develop a cultural and historical awareness of our country and the world.
- ~ To understand, accept, and use his own capabilities with unselfish and constructive goals.
- ~ To develop the understanding and concepts needed in choosing an occupation, and to gain the skills needed to be successful in that occupation.
- PERSONAL AND SOCIAL OBJECTIVES
- That the student may make the best contributions in his home, school, church, community, and the world, we aim to help the student:
- ~ To develop wholesome personal relationships, practicing thoughtfulness and courtesy.
- ~ To learn stewardship of possessions with a knowledge of worthwhile ways of sharing.
- ~ To learn to use leisure time in a wholesome way, with an understanding of the proper balance between work and recreation.
- ~ To accept responsibility and opportunity, experiencing satisfaction in worthwhile accomplishments.
- ~ To develop a wholesome, positive view of self as a worthy creation of God.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiltonGrades: 1-8 | 37 students
98 Chapel Rd
Milton, PA 17847
- MiltonGrades: PK-12 | 321 students
363 Stamm Rd
Milton, PA 17847
- WatsontownGrades: PK-12 | 56 students
1225 Eighth Street Dr.
Watsontown, PA 17777
- NorthumberlandGrades: NS-12 | 159 students
135 Spruce Hollow Road
Northumberland, PA 17857
- LewisburgGrades: 1-8 | 26 students
150 Hill School Rd
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.