Margaret Murphy Center For Children-main
- Margaret Murphy Center is dedicated to offering services to people with Mental Retardation and related developmental disabilities, which enable them to maximize the quality of their lives.
- We do this by providing community-based programs for the individuals to acquire greater independence through increasing competence in personal, social, and employment related abilities.
- We provide housing to those who require specialized support that is not otherwise available in the community.
- John F. Murphy Homes provides a variety of services to adults with mental retardation living in the greater Lewiston-Auburn area.
- These services range from group homes with 24 hour support to minimal hourly support as needed.
- There are recreational opportunities, respite care, and vocational supports as well.
- The enrichment and art programs provide participants with the opportunities to explore their creative sides.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Auburn Grades: 5-8
220 Danville Corner Road
Auburn, ME 04210
(207)871-1200 6.2 5-8
- Lisbon Falls Grades: K-12 | 58 students
555 Lisbon Rd
Lisbon Falls, ME 04252
(207)353-8518 9.8 K-12
- New Gloucester Grades: 3-12 | 42 students
41 Pineland Dr Ste 200
New Gloucester, ME 04260
(207)688-2253 15.1 3-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.