Margaret Murphy Center For Children-main
- Margaret Murphy Center is dedicated to offering services to people with Mental Retardation and related developmental disabilities, which enable them to maximize the quality of their lives.
- We do this by providing community-based programs for the individuals to acquire greater independence through increasing competence in personal, social, and employment related abilities.
- We provide housing to those who require specialized support that is not otherwise available in the community.
- John F. Murphy Homes provides a variety of services to adults with mental retardation living in the greater Lewiston-Auburn area.
- These services range from group homes with 24 hour support to minimal hourly support as needed.
- There are recreational opportunities, respite care, and vocational supports as well.
- The enrichment and art programs provide participants with the opportunities to explore their creative sides.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Auburn Grades: 5-8
220 Danville Corner Road
Auburn, ME 04210
(207)871-1200 6.2 5-8
- Lisbon Falls Grades: K-12 | 60 students
555 Lisbon Rd
Lisbon Falls, ME 04252
(207)353-8518 9.8 K-12
- New Gloucester Grades: 1-12 | 43 students
41 Pineland Dr Ste 200
New Gloucester, ME 04260
(207)688-2253 15.1 1-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.