Marian Middle School
- Marian Middle School is a small but mighty, Catholic, college-preparatory school for girls in grades 5 through 8.
- Our academic curriculum is focused and caring, so each girl gets the attention she needs to succeed for life.
- Marian students commit to an intense 10-month, 10-hour schedule where they develop critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership, and life skills that will take them successfully into the next chapter of their academic careers.
- Students follow a rigorous academic curriculum focused on math and reading.
- Marian collaborates with community partners such as the St. Louis Science Center, Missouri Botanical Garden and the St. Louis Zoo to provide additional STEM experiences for the students.
- Marian features small class sizes--no more than 20 students per grade level--and monthly Academic Saturdays, field trips or special activities held once per month related to a topic being covered in the classroom.
- Marian's enrichment program gives students the chance to participate in athletics, drama, art, dance, culinary arts, and leadership clubs.
- A daily study hall with tutoring provides focused time for homework and help from teachers.
- Marian's Graduate Support Program supports students through the high school years, including financial assistance if they attend tuition-based high schools.
- Our College Success officer provides assistance to alumnae for the high school to college transition and through her college years. Marian Middle School Educates Girls for Life!.
Marian Middle School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(tops: polo style shirts in sky blue, white, heather gray, and navy blue/bottoms: plaid skirt, navy or khaki skirt, shorts, pants, skort)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,000|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale (yearly tuition dependent upon parental income and number of people in the household)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sister Barbara Roche|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Culinary Arts, Dress Design, French Club, Girl Scouts, Model UN, Robotics Club, Service Learning Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Dance, Media Club, Step Team, Theatrre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Fitness, Yoga
- All-girls college-preparatory middle school
- 10 hour schedule (Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Small class sizes--no more than 20 students per grade level
- Graduate Support Program-program designed to support each student academically, emotionally, and socially through the high school years and the transition to college; financial assistance provided for high school if student attends a tuition-based high school
- Academic Saturdays-field trip or special activity held once per month that is related to a topic being covered in the classroom
- Enrichment program-extracurriclar program that includes but is not limited to athletics, drama, art, dance, culinary arts, and leadership clubs and includes a daily study hall with tutoring provided
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-12 | 230 students
4257 Magnolia Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314) 776-6473 0.6 NS-12
- Bridgeton Grades: 5-8
11339 Saint Charles Rock Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
(314) 298-0171 12.5 5-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 527 students
3020 North Ballas Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314) 625-9103 10.4 PK-12
- Florissant Grades: PK-12 | 277 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
(314) 972-6227 12.7 PK-12