- Mary Help of Christians Academy, a Catholic preparatory school in the Salesian tradition, embraces the charism of reason, religion and loving kindness as inspired by Saint John Bosco and Saint Mary Mazzarello.
- Embodying the ideals of "Beauty, Truth, and Joy," young women grades nine through twelve are educated in a family environment developing their spiritual growth, social responsibility and commitment to service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Academic Scholarships/Financial Aid/Merit-Based Aid Available|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Katie Caufield|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors, Art Club, Campus Ministry, Chorus, Dance Club, Debate, French Conversation Cafe, Guitar Club, Junior Salesian Apostles, Key Club, Mary Help Players, Math Tutoring, N.J. Science League, National Honor Society, Peer Mediation, Peer Tutors, Photography Club, Pro-Life Club, Spanish Tutoring, Spring Musical, Student Council, True Love Waits Ambassadors, Art Club, Chorus, Dance Club, Debate, Guitar Club, Key Club, Math Tutoring, Peer Mediation, Peer Tutors, Pro-Life Club, Spring Musical, Campus Ministry,
French Conversation Cafe,
Junior Salesian Apostles,
Mary Help Players,
N.J. Science League,
National Honor Society,
True Love Waits,
- Beauty...Mary Help of Christians Academy is an environment steeped in Salesian spirituality and the Catholic faith. From the beautiful landscaping that reminds us of the goodness of God and the chapel where we gather as a school community, to the hallways that contain "holy reminders" of the values for which we stand, everything at the Academy seeks to lift the hearts of our students, faculty, and staff to God, the creator of all beauty. Through theology classes, empowerment workshops, sports, and opportunities for formation and leadership, the entire school community supports the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth of each student into her most beautiful self.
- Truth...Mary Help of Christians Academy aims to form its students into women of faith and character. The Theology Department offers the students a systematic formation in the Catholic faith through the study of the Creed, the Ten Commandments, prayer, worship, the Sacraments, the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, morality and contemporary moral/life/justice issues, the history of Christianity, Christian vocations, social justice, and our relationship with other religions. The goal of such study is not to just have our students memorize the truths of the faith, but to understand them on a deeper level, thus enabling them to articulate what they have learned from a place of compassion and intelligence.
- Joy...A Salesian school is not fully Salesian without joy! Various events take place each month to bring the school community together. In Villas, our students meet with their "villa sisters" in small groups (mixed between the various ages), and grow together in their relationship with God through planned activities, games, prayer experiences, service projects, and fun Villa competitions. Celebrations are a vital part of who are we as a school community. Whether we are celebrating birthdays, having fun on retreat, honoring the opportunity to partake of the sacrament of Confession and the Eucharist each month, or simply honoring a student for her achievements or a team for their victory, we strive to make sure that no one is overlooked at the Academy, for we are a vibrant school family, immersed in joy.
People that viewed Mary Help Of Christians Academy also viewed these schools: DePaul Catholic High School, Immaculate Conception High School, Paterson Catholic High School, Academy Of The Holy Angels and Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WayneGrades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
LodiGrades: 9-12 | 160 students
258 S Main St
Lodi, NJ 07644
PatersonGrades: 9-12 | 303 students
764 11th Ave
Paterson, NJ 07514
DemarestGrades: 9-12 | 557 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
SummitGrades: 7-12 | 308 students
44 Blackburn Road
Summit, NJ 07901
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.