Mary Help Of Christians Academy
- Mary Help of Christians Academy, a Catholic preparatory school in the Salesian tradition, embraces the charism of reason, religion and loving kindness as inspired by Saint John Bosco and Saint Mary Mazzarello.
- Embodying the ideals of "Beauty, Truth, and Joy," young women grades nine through twelve are educated in a family environment developing their spiritual growth, social responsibility and commitment to service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Academic Scholarships, Need and Merit Based Financial Aid, and Tuition Financing Available|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Katie Caufield|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors, Art Club, Big Sisters/Little Sisters, Campus Ministry, Debate, French Conversation Cafe, Junior Salesian Apostles, Key Club, Math Tutoring, N.J. Science League, National Honor Society, Peer Mediation, Peer Tutors, Pro-Life Club, Spanish Tutoring, Student Council, True Love Waits
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Dance, Choir, Mary Help Players, Photography Club, Spring Musical
- Beauty...Mary Help of Christians Academy is an environment steeped in Salesian spirituality and the Catholic faith. From the beautiful landscaping that reminds us of the goodness of God and the chapel where we gather as a school community, to the hallways that contain "holy reminders" of the values for which we stand, everything at the Academy seeks to lift the hearts of our students, faculty, and staff to God, the creator of all beauty. Through theology classes, empowerment workshops, sports, and opportunities for formation and leadership, the entire school community supports the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth of each student into her most beautiful self.
- Truth...Mary Help of Christians Academy aims to form its students into women of faith and character. The Theology Department offers the students a systematic formation in the Catholic faith through the study of the Creed, the Ten Commandments, prayer, worship, the Sacraments, the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, morality and contemporary moral/life/justice issues, the history of Christianity, Christian vocations, social justice, and our relationship with other religions. The goal of such study is not to just have our students memorize the truths of the faith, but to understand them on a deeper level, thus enabling them to articulate what they have learned from a place of compassion and intelligence.
- Joy...A Salesian school is not fully Salesian without joy! Various events take place each month to bring the school community together. In Villas, our students meet with their "villa sisters" in small groups (mixed between the various ages), and grow together in their relationship with God through planned activities, games, prayer experiences, service projects, and fun Villa competitions. Celebrations are a vital part of who are we as a school community. Whether we are celebrating birthdays, having fun on retreat, honoring the opportunity to partake of the sacrament of Confession and the Eucharist each month, or simply honoring a student for her achievements or a team for their victory, we strive to make sure that no one is overlooked at the Academy, for we are a vibrant school family, immersed in joy.
- People that viewed Mary Help Of Christians Academy also viewed these schools: DePaul Catholic High School, Immaculate Conception High School, Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12), Paterson Catholic High School and Academy Of The Holy Angels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WayneGrades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
- LodiGrades: 9-12 | 160 students
258 S Main St
Lodi, NJ 07644
- SummitGrades: 7-12 | 308 students
44 Blackburn Road
Summit, NJ 07901
- PatersonGrades: 9-12 | 303 students
764 11th Ave
Paterson, NJ 07514
- DemarestGrades: 9-12 | 557 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
I joined the family at MHC Academy in 2015 as the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Alumnae Relations. Prior to accepting this position, I spent a decade working in education as both a teacher, literacy coach, and district level public relations representative. The bulk of my experience before Mary Help was earned in public and charter school districts.It's not every day that a public school employee makes the decision to cross over into private education, so when it does occur, you can usually rest assured it is with good reason. For me, the decision was a no-brainer. There is truly something unique about this institution, and it's something you can feel as soon as you step foot on our picturesque 16-acre campus. What we like to call "The Mary Help Difference," is something you'll hear quite a lot about when you meet and speak with our students, faculty, and staff, and while not everyone may call it that, they will surely all tell you the same thing: At Mary Help, we are a family, and not a day goes by where we aren't reminded of that in one way or another.As you search for the perfect school for your daughter, you will undoubtedly pour over endless statistics and facts that make it easier to compare schools side-by-side. You'll be impressed by how many of a school's graduates receive scholarships to college, lists of Advanced Placement and college credit earning course options, the range of sports offerings, or the professional caliber of their stage productions. In the end, however, it is likely you'll choose to invest in a school at which you believe your daughter will be nurtured and protected, not just well-taught. We invite you to get to know us and see what Mary Help can do for your daughter and her future.
- Posted by Teacher - Christine Lombardo