Mater Dei Academy
- Mater Dei Academy is a private, independent elementary school that was founded in 1970 by a group of parents.
- Governed by a Board of Directors, the school provides teachings that are consistent with the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church as expressed in the Baltimore Catechism and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Mater Dei Academy was established for the formation of children in the tradition of an authentically Catholic education.
- The teachers serve as role models and provide superior academic instruction in an atmosphere graced by charity, self-discipline, prayer and faith. Students pray the Rosary each day and reflect on the Stations of the Cross during Lent.
- Parents are expected to uphold the philosophy and goals of the Academy, and are respected as the primary educators of their children.
- Students are challenged by a Classical Curriculum that stresses high academic standards and the importance of laying a solid foundation of learning.
- Catechism, phonics, grammar, writing, and mathematics are emphasized in the lower grades.
- In the upper grades, higher-level mathematics, science, Western Civilization and the foundations of the American Heritage are presented, as well as more in-depth studies of the spiritual and moral teachings of the Church.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Girls: plaid jumper and white peter pan collar shirt. Boys: navy blue pants, light blue button down oxford shirt, and navy blue tie.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New AlbanyGrades: 2-12 | 260 students
9555 Johnstown Road
New Albany, OH 43054
- ColumbusGrades: KG-8 | 167 students
1300 Urban Dr
Columbus, OH 43229
- ColumbusGrades: PK-8 | 299 students
2865 Fair Ave
Columbus, OH 43209
- ColumbusGrades: PK-8 | 117 students
3916 Indianola Avenue
Columbus, OH 43214
- ColumbusGrades: PK-12 | 440 students
817 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.