- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 245 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Craft Club, Key Club, Lego Club, Minecraft Club, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, ROX (Ruling Our Experiences)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
At Marburn, we understand the distinct academic, social, and emotional needs of our students and celebrate their individual learning styles. Our program focuses on meeting students where they are, understanding their strengths and challenges, and providing a safe, positive learning environment where they can experience success. Our primary goals are to:
- grow specific core academic skills based on student deficits;
- work with students to support and grow essential executive function skills;
- provide personalized attention for each student; and
- provide opportunities for developing confidence, self-advocacy, and self-awareness.
Marburn constantly refines its teaching methods to incorporateevidence-based instructional practices that are designed for our population of students. Connections with researchers who provide consultations on current studies and implementation strategies help drive Marburn's curriculum. The goal of the curriculum is to enable students who learn differently to realize and fulfill their academic, social, and emotional potential.
Teachers are extensively trained in the multisensory, diagnostic, and prescriptive Orton-Gillingham approach that is widely recognized as the preferred method for teaching reading and writing to children with language learning differences. In addition, Marburn's comprehensive mathematics curriculum experientially teaches concepts and problem-solving skills.
Please contact us to learn more about how a Marburn education may support your child who learns differently. Financial aid is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Marburn Academy offer a summer program?
What sports does Marburn Academy offer?
When is the application deadline for Marburn Academy?
Endorse Marburn Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards