- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 264 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Marburn Academy Hosts International Virtual MarburnCon Event - 11/10/2021Marburn Academy proudly hosted its fifth annual #MarburnCon on October 7th and 8th, 2021. For the second consecutive year, the event was held virtually for an international audience of nearly 200 attendees across 15 states and three countries.MarburnCon21 Closing the Gap: From Research to Results, centered on the study and practice of high leverage instructional practices for K-12 students.
The event featured the conference`s largest speaker lineup to date and was headlined by keynote speaker Dr. Carl Hendrick, teacher and author of How Learning Happens: Seminal Works in Educational Psychology and What They Mean in Practice.
Collectively, MarburnCon21 impacted 6,454 students locally, nationally, and abroad.
- 'Exactly what he needs': Parents relocate to central Ohio, discover support for son with ADHD, anxiety - 08/24/2021NEW ALBANY, Ohio - One in five children across the nation have learning challenges like ADHD or dyslexia, according to the National Center for Learning Disabilities. While we have yet to see the impact of the pandemic - there are specialists who are working to help students through it. Students like Brendan Visovatti.
- SHINE Raises $304,776 for Students Scholarships - 04/30/2021What a night! Saturday, April 24th marked Marburn Academy`s 39th Annual Gala: SHINE Online! And shine it did!
368 participants registered to follow along from the comfort of their homes enjoying pre-program entertainment with guest mixologists Head of School Eldrich Carr, wife Liz, and the Gala Committee as well as requesting favorite tunes for the dueling pianos including staples "Don`t Stop Believin`", "Sweet Caroline" and "Livin` on a Prayer". At 7 p.m. an hour-long variety show style program with host WBNS-10TV Morning Anchor Angela An at the helm, delighted and inspired viewers.
- Why Professional Development is Key for Meeting All Students Needs - 03/22/2021Marburn Academy prioritizes professional development opportunities to better impact student outcomes.
- Why Starting the College Search Earlier is Essential for Unique Learners - 02/12/2021Learn how to help your child meet their fullest potential in college no matter their learning style.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Key Club, Lego Club, Minecraft Club, Robotics Club, Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Arts Magazine, Dramatic Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Voyageurs, Yoga
At Marburn, we understand the distinct academic, social, and emotional needs of our students and celebrate their individual learning styles. Our program focuses on meeting students where they are, understanding their strengths and challenges, and providing a safe, positive learning environment where they can experience success. Our primary goals are to:
- grow specific core academic skills based on student deficits;
- work with students to support and grow essential executive function skills;
- provide personalized attention for each student; and
- provide opportunities for developing confidence, self-advocacy, and self-awareness.
Marburn constantly refines its teaching methods to incorporate evidence-based instructional practices that are designed for our population of students. Connections with researchers who provide consultations on current studies and implementation strategies help drive Marburn's curriculum. The goal of the curriculum is to enable students who learn differently to realize and fulfill their academic, social, and emotional potential.
Teachers are extensively trained in the multisensory, diagnostic, and prescriptive Orton-Gillingham approach that is widely recognized as the preferred method for teaching reading and writing to children with language learning differences. In addition, Marburn's comprehensive mathematics curriculum experientially teaches concepts and problem-solving skills.
Please contact us to learn more about how a Marburn education may support your child who learns differently. Financial aid is available.
Endorse Marburn Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards