Mcguffey Montessori School
The McGuffey Montessori School is dedicated to helping each student reach his or her creative and intellectual potential and develop constructive social values and behaviors in an environment that encourages the solution of problems through individual endeavor and group processes.
The mission of the school is to offer a community of trust and respect that provides educational opportunities which foster creative, resourceful, and expressive individuals, actively engaged in shaping their lives and contributing to the global community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 76 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,250
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Partial week enrollment is available for Preschool. Full days only.
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
After School Program
After School Program
- The McGuffey Montessori School is located in Oxford, Ohio. When the Miami University Lab School closed in 1983, a handful of staff and parents founded McGuffey Foundation School. Now the McGuffey Montessori School, it is a privately run school, educating students in preschool through high school.
- Innovative Academic Programs, a low student-to-teacher ratio, hands-on exploration and discovery, extensive field trips, and creative contributions from the larger community make the McGuffey learning experience unique, compelling, effective-and fun.At McGuffey Montessori School, you`ll see solid basic education with a twist: kindergartners doing complex science experiments and seventh and eighth graders planning the details of their trip to Washington, DC; interactive science experiments and real-life industrial arts, individual instruction complemented by mixed-grade study partners; and workshops with visiting and resident artists.
- In class after class, you`ll find secure academic structure with supported spontaneity. You`ll hear the exuberance of discovery. You`ll see the flash of insight. You`ll feel the goose-bumpy thrill of real learning in progress.
- And you`ll wish, if you had to do it over, that you could go to McGuffey Montessori School, too. Learn more about our values and beliefs, or contact us to plan a visit.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mcguffey Montessori School cost?
Mcguffey Montessori School's tuition is approximately $9,250 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Mcguffey Montessori School?
The application deadline for Mcguffey Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Mcguffey Montessori School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Spring Break - No School
March 17, 2023 (Friday)
High School Open House
April 02, 2023 (Sunday)
Last Day of School, Noon Dismissal
May 24, 2023 (Wednesday)
First Day of School: Grades 4-9
August 16, 2023 (Wednesday)
Endorse Mcguffey Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.