Mckenzie Montessori Institute
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (541) 228-5352
McKenzie Montessori Institute is located in Springfield, Oregon with easy freeway access and minutes to Eugene. McKenzie Montessori Institute is a private, independent, non-profit educational facility for children 6 weeks to 12 years.
Our current programs include: Infant/Toddler, Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten, Elementary On-line Tech Support, Quality childcare for before and after programs and for most public school closure days. See our calendar page for more information.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Cost varies depending on program and schedule. Call for more details.|
|Admissions Director||Jessica Justman|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Our goal is to educate the whole child through the Montessori approach which addresses the intellectual, social, emotional and physical needs of the child. Our programs feature:
- *Warm, open classroom that offer hands-on opportunities for self paced, individualized exploration.
- *Montessori trained and certified teachers who care about students and their families.
- *Diverse, rigorous curriculum that cultivates a life-long love of learning.
- * Small class sizes with excellent student to teacher ratios.
- *The opportunity to explore many subjects and concepts not generally covered in more traditional programs.
- *A focus on the whole child including teaching children concepts such as grace & courtesy, independent thinking skills, non violent communication, cultural awareness, Spanish, American Sign Language, and much more!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pleasant Hill Grades: PK-10 | 99 students
35582 Zephyr Way
Pleasant Hill, OR 97455
(541) 746-1708 5 PK-10
- Springfield Grades: PK-K | 170 students
2080 19th St
Springfield, OR 97477
(541) 746-8246 2 PK-K
My son and daughter have both been attending McKenzie Montessori since September 2011. We absolutely adore the school and wouldn't even dream of sending our kiddos anywhere else. The teachers are both consistent in their expectations and very kind. My kiddos are learning so much and also having a great time. My son has in the past had some behavior issues at our previous school but has had no problems here. The teachers have been able to really work with him on an individual level and he is just thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - jessi
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.