Mercy High School
- Mercy High School, a Catholic diocesan high school for young women, is committed to providing an educational experience that responds to individual needs.
- In the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy and their foundress Catherine McAuley, each student is challenged to grow, to realize her full potential, and to provide service to others within an atmosphere that fosters a spirit of community and compassion.
- Mercy High School offers a disciplined academic environment and a sound liberal arts background that prepare graduates for college and career pursuits.
- Spiritual growth is nourished by a program which integrates religious studies and experiences to encourage community spirit and service to others.
- Opportunities for a wide variety of extracurricular activities also contribute to the total learning experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 1.8 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: 9-12 | 685 students
7400 Military Ave
Omaha, NE 68134
(402)571-2618 4.4 9-12
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 1.4 NS-12
- Omaha Grades: 6-12 | 415 students
15656 Fort St
Omaha, NE 68116
(402)445-4000 10 6-12
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.