Roncalli Catholic High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Roncalli Catholic High School is a comprehensive college preparatory co-ed education as an Omaha Archdiocesan High School.
- A safe and faith-centered school environment based on the tradition of the De LaSalle Christian Brothers & Notre Dame Sisters.
- An educational opportunity financially accessible to all. Inspired by the Holy Spirit and guided by Catholic tradition, we educate our students to develop their potential, thus preparing them to meet the challenges and opportunities of life with wisdom, courage and faith.
- III. EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY We at Roncalli Catholic believe that when we strive to follow the life of Jesus Christ, we become more deeply aware of God, self, and others; therefore, we become more fully human.
- Roncalli Catholic is an Archdiocesan Co-ed Catholic High School in the Traditions of the Notre Dame Sisters and the Christian Brothers.
- Following these traditions, the purpose of Roncalli Catholic High School is to offer a quality Catholic education.
- Roncalli Catholic High School has a student population of diverse religious backgrounds and welcomes students of all faiths.
- Roncalli requires all its students to take Religion classes each semester as a part of its mission.
- As an important part of the Catholic atmosphere, all students are also required to attend all religious activities, including masses, reconciliation services, prayer services, retreats, and the like.
- No student, regardless of religious affiliation, is required to receive the sacraments.
- However, respectful participation is an expectation of all students. As a Catholic school, we believe in the importance of the individual as a valued person who possesses the right and responsibility to develop his/her abilities and talents to the fullest potential.
- In the process of creating a Christian community at Roncalli, we believe that the students and staff will incorporate the value of positive human relationships into their families, local communities, and the world community.
- We believe that the parents have the primary responsibility of educating their children, and we are in partnership with them.
- At Roncalli Catholic High School, the uniqueness and capabilities of each student are respected.
- We believe that learning is increased when students have some responsibility for self-direction.
- Recognizing and achieving attainable goals are essential factors in realizing self-discipline and personal success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 3.8 NS-12
- Omaha Grades: 6-12 | 415 students
15656 Fort St
Omaha, NE 68116
(402)445-4000 7.7 6-12
- Omaha Grades: 9-12 | 1021 students
7400 Western Ave
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)393-1190 3.3 9-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 4.2 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: 9-12 | 685 students
7400 Military Ave
Omaha, NE 68134
(402)571-2618 1.5 9-12
Roncallli Catholic has so much to offer students. I could go on and on about the AP classes, honors classes, the low teacher to student ratio, the high ACT test scores, the graduation rate, the tuition assistance, etc...but instead I will tell you that Roncallli Catholic is an incredibly warm, welcoming, family-like environment. As soon as you walk through the doors, you get a sense of community. I couldn't be happier to be an alumnus who us now sending my third child to RCHS. My kids have all become successful from the quality, faith-based education they received at Roncallli. As a parent, I could have sent them to any school...and Omaha has very good schools, but Roncallli feels like home. It is a place where each kid can get involved in whatever they want to and feel pride in what they do. We are the Pride. The Crimson Pride!!
- Posted by Parent - pjd
Roncalli Catholic has been instrumental in providing a faith-based education for our daughter. When deciding on where to send our daughter, it was extremely important that she attend a high school that would teach and live by the same Christian values we teach in our home. Roncalli fosters an environment that puts a focus on being Christ Centered Leaders for Life giving every student the opportunity to deepen their faith while at the same time expanding their knowledge in a multitude of subjects. Roncalli offers nationally accredited college preparatory curriculum with dual credit, as well as Advanced Placement, honors and ACT preparatory courses. They also have a college-style media center and S.T.E.A.M. lab that my husband and I were extremely impressed by. Another very important benefit of Roncalli Catholic is their smaller class sizes and because of that, students are getting more attention from their teachers and also have a greater opportunity to participate in programs, clubs or athletics. Our daughter is not just a name or a face in the crowd. At Roncalli she is part of an extended family and is treated and loved as such. The teachers, staff and coaches at Roncalli Catholic are genuinely interested in what is best for the students. They truly care & want to see the students succeed and grow. It brings us great peace knowing our daughter is thriving, learning, growing and happy at a school that she truly loves.
- Posted by Parent - LAS
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.