Holy Cross School
- Catholic Elementary School purpose is dedicated to teaching the faith and providing a positive, affirming environment that challenges our students.
- Our religion curriculum is integrated within the entire curriculum. Weekly Mass, sacrament preparation, Stations of the Cross, and Reconciliation are integral parts of our religious education.
- Parish priests regularly visit the classrooms. We have high expectations for teachers and students and a reputation for excellence.
- Our school is a Discipline With Purpose (DWP) School, serving children in grades preschool through 8th.
- Our mission is to ensure a faith-filled, nurturing environment, which promotes enthusiasm toward Christian service and academic excellence.
- Holy Cross School currently enrolls 363 students. We feature a hot lunch program and daycare in the afternoon for preschoolers who attend the Monday through Friday morning class.
- Extended Care is available before and after school for all students.
- Matilde Discipline With Purpose is a program designed to help students become self disciplined.
- These fifteen skills are essential life skills. These skills are taught and practiced in school and at home.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheeling Grades: 5-12 | 429 students
60 Knox Ln
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304)233-3260 804.5 5-12
- Martinsburg Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
110 E. Stephen St.
Martinsburg, WV 25401
(304)267-6447 955.3 PK-8
- Buffalo Grades: PK-11 | 297 students
182 Sobieski St
Buffalo, NY 14212
(716)892-2606 885.6 PK-11
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 214 students
3604 N 65th St
Omaha, NE 68104
(402)553-4993 3.5 PK-8
- Lincoln Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
4142 N 61st St
Lincoln, NE 68507
(402)466-3710 43.4 PK-8
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.