Holy Cross School
- Catholic Elementary School purpose is dedicated to teaching the faith and providing a positive, affirming environment that challenges our students.
- Our religion curriculum is integrated within the entire curriculum. Weekly Mass, sacrament preparation, Stations of the Cross, and Reconciliation are integral parts of our religious education.
- Parish priests regularly visit the classrooms. We have high expectations for teachers and students and a reputation for excellence.
- Our school is a Discipline With Purpose (DWP) School, serving children in grades preschool through 8th.
- Our mission is to ensure a faith-filled, nurturing environment, which promotes enthusiasm toward Christian service and academic excellence.
- Holy Cross School currently enrolls 363 students. We feature a hot lunch program and daycare in the afternoon for preschoolers who attend the Monday through Friday morning class.
- Extended Care is available before and after school for all students.
- Matilde Discipline With Purpose is a program designed to help students become self disciplined.
- These fifteen skills are essential life skills. These skills are taught and practiced in school and at home.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 1.5 NS-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
831 S 88th St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)391-0977 3.4 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 1.8 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: K-8 | 83 students
4040 N 108th Street
Omaha, NE 68164
(402)493-2550 6.1 K-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 102 students
5071 Center St
Omaha, NE 68106
(402)553-6760 0.4 PK-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.