Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School Photo #3 - In a recent survey our parents said this about us!
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School Photo #4 - PreK students receiving essential small group instruction.
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School Photo #7 - Our 18 month old students enjoying a hands on activity.
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School Photo #8 - We begin each morning with the pledge to the flag and prayer - lead by our students.
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School Photo #9 - Reading time is essential in every classroom. Both direct instruction and individual reading.
MISSION STATEMENT To offer a Christ-inspired educational experience that empowers students to reach their full potential in life, where academic excellence is nurtured and students are treasured and respected.
We offer a comprehensive program for students age 6 weeks through 5th Grade.
Students at our school experience the benefits of small class sizes, highly qualified teachers and a rigorous curriculum in conjunction with Christian faith and beliefs.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 118 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(We have a school uniform dress code)
(We have a school uniform dress code)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
For the preschool, we offer time options.
Luisa Bernal (elementary school)
- VISION STATEMENT:
- We believe all children are unique in the eyes of God. Therefore, our vision is to promote Spiritual knowledge, develop emotional growth and cultivate life readiness.
- 1. Promote Spiritual Knowledge by: appreciating the diversity of God`s creation, embracing the beauty of the world and participating in Christ-inspired experiences.
- 2. Develop Emotional Growth by: realizing we are part of a greater whole, demonstrating respectful attitudes and behaviors and understanding we gain strength and stamina by the grace of the Spirit
- 3. Cultivate Life Readiness by: seeing the importance of education, experiencing continual learning and self-reflection and gaining knowledge and skills for success
- MSPCS 2015-2016 GOALS:
- To provide a program of instruction that will foster student inquiry, critical thinking, and reflection in their pursuit of being a life-long learner.
- To seek all opportunities to integrate The Arts physical education, music, visual arts and foreign languages within the core classroom curriculum
- To continue to grow the MSPCS family through positive word of mouth, participation in area activities, and advertisement.
A wonderful learning environment for kids. The teachers are exceptional, and very qualified (actual educators with a degree), which seems to be rare nowadays in Florida. They are catering to every type of child, while academically working with every kid on their strength and weaknesses, and making it fun and enjoyable at the same time. The principal is knowledgably, professional, extremely organized and and super caring, which not only shows in her actions, but is reflected how the entire school is operating. I highly recommend this school.
Amazing school. 2 kids there, one since she was 2 and Little one just started. Couldn't be happier. it's hard to find a school that is well balanced and this school has done it! They treat your child as an individual not as a number or percentage. Headmaster, pre school director, Mrs. Mac, Mrs. Wirth and all the staff are highly professional. Warm loving school. Staff from top to bottom are more than dedicated to these children in all aspects. They strive for a well balanced child emotionally mentally and academically. Warm, welcoming, loving and nurturing are just a few words to describe this school. Proud to be a wave parent. Not our religion but they don't force their beliefs just positivity in life. Wish they went to 12th. Have great school in my area prefer to drive the 20-30mins to have my children part of such a wonderful school. Can't brag enough about this school and the positive changes and strives it makes to be better each day. Very big on communication with the parents at all times. They take Mckay and step up programs to give your child the opportunities they might not have some where else. No child goes unnoticed in this school. Each child is celebrated for there individuality, strives and success no matter how small it may seem. Definitely an A+++ school! Go Waves!!!
This is a great school. It is not an easy school academically but they manage to make it fun and engaging. The teachers and headmaster make my children feel special and important. Each teacher, the headmaster, and the staff all know the children's names; I love that. This is a special little school. I wish it went all the way to 12th grade.
Endorse Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.