Miami Shores Montessori School
- Miami Shores Montessori School, a home for your child, where he or she will have the opportunity to learn, explore, grow and become an independent individual.
- Our school is here to help your child reach his or her greatest potential in an environment, not unlike your home, in which children are surrounded by thoughtful teachers and caregivers who focus on their development and provide experiences which help to contribute to their emotional, spiritual and intellectual growth as well as foster independence.
Miami Shores Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to program and schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Our school follows the educational principles and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. Maria Montessori believed that children have a natural urge to explore, discover and learn. Children need an environment that provides the opportunities for academic, social and emotional growth. In order to meet these needs, the Montessori classroom is carefully prepared to accommodate the child physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally. The goal at Miami Shores Montessori School is to help children reach their greatest potential in a carefully prepared setting surrounded by caring teachers. Moreover, we are accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), the Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF) and are affiliated to the American Montessori Society (AMS).Miami Shores Montessori School offers a Toddler program for children 18 months to three years old,a Pre-school/Kindergarten program for children three to six years of age and a Junior Elementary program for children six to nine years old. In addition to our complete Montessori curriculum, we offer weekly enrichment classes which include Yoga, Chinese, Spanish, Creative Movement, and Gardening. Optional After School enrichment activities are also available; and they include: Gymnastics, Ballet, Math and Reading Clubs, Music, and Art classes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 503 students
592 Ne 60th St
Miami, FL 33137
(305)757-1966 2.9 PK-8
- Miami Grades: K-6 | 99 students
2300 Nw 135th St
Miami, FL 33167
(786)318-3818 3.6 K-6
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 21 students
18690 Old Cutler Rd
Miami, FL 33157
(302)278-2285 21 PK-5
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.