- At The Cushman School, every child is gifted. It is the job of our teachers to find that special gift of every student.
- We celebrate and respect the individuality and differences of each child.
- We strengthen their minds and bodies and nurture their sensitivities.
- We challenge students academically and socially and encourage them to be the very best they can be in the classroom and within their communities.
- At The Cushman School, our aim is to develop and educate the “whole child” through a strong core curriculum complemented by wholesome participation in real living experiences.
- The mission of The Cushman School is to develop students as responsible citizens and effective future leaders who maintain a positive approach to life.
- The educational environment at our school fosters in all students the qualities of virtue, responsibility, respect for self and others, and nurtures the student in intellectual, physical and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 1250 students
601 NE 107 St.
Miami, FL 33161
(305) 779-7230 4 NS-12
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305) 666-1856 9.4 NS-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 408 students
7485 Nw 2nd Ave
Miami, FL 33150
(305) 795-2000 1.3 PK-8