Miami Country Day School
- Miami Country Day School was funded in 1938 as a residentialproprietary boarding school for Boys through eighth grade and hasevolved remarkably over the past 80 years.
- The school has become a coeducational, nonprofit,interdenominational school with approximately 1250 students inPre-Kindergarten 3 through 12th grade representing nearly 44countries.
- The school's first twelfth grade graduating class was in1981. The education of the whole person, including the sixpotentials: intellectual, spiritual, social, aesthetic, physical,and emotional, and emphasis on the core values of honor, respect,wisdom and compassion, are fostered with a strongcollege-preparatory program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||128 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,170|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ingrid Palmisano|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- The mission of Miami Country Day School is to educate the wholechild with a uniquely diverse, comprehensive, and well-balancededucational experience. A multi-faceted curriculum focuses on thedevelopment of a childs' six areas of potential: Physical,Aesthetic, Intellectual, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual. Aninnovative blend of traditional and cutting-edge teachingmethodologies supports students along an integrated continuum oflearning. Rigorous academics, advanced technology and extensiveenrichment programs are balanced with a focus on values, characterdevelopment, and a keen awareness of the rewards andresponsibilities of global citizenship. The result is a studentwith the consciousness,capacity, and confidence for success incollege and life in the 21st century.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: 6-12 | 1088 students
3575 Main Hwy
Miami, FL 33133
(305)460-8800 12 6-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 503 students
592 Ne 60th St
Miami, FL 33137
(305)757-1966 4 PK-8
- Miami Grades: 6-12 | 105 students
1881 NE 164th Street
Miami, FL 33162
(305)940-3922 3 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.