- Allison Academy is committed to providing each student with opportunities to develop a positive self-concept through achieving success in a college preparatory curriculum.
- The self-esteem of each individual is vital to the development of a stable well-rounded person who can cope with life's challenges with confidence and good judgment.
- We are committed to maintaining an atmosphere that builds self-esteem through a success oriented learning environment.
- We are an accredited (Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF), SACS/CASI, (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), AdvancED, Middle States Accreditation (MSA) and Ai (Accreditation International).
- We are a non-sectarian private school for students in grades 6-12.
- We are recognized and respected as a caring institution, providing individual, customized educational programs to meet students' needs and help them realize their dreams.
- Our Mission Statement is to provide quality educational programs with an emphasis on meeting individual needs through small class sizes and a nurturing environment where every student's self-esteem is valued and developed.
- We accept the responsibility of working in partnership with each student's' parents to create students who are endowed with a lifelong love of learning, healthy self-image, and positive attitude that will enable each student to grow academically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually.
- The philosophy of the Allison Academy is to provide a learning environment and educational program of high quality to enhance the development of each individual student's social, emotional, intellectual, and academic growth.
- By providing a positive, democratic environment, the student will develop into a productive, self-confident citizen who recognizes the current social and environmental problems and understands the individual's responsibilities and value to society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Disabilities, Reading and Math Remediation|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$350|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$50 registration, $350 per week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Composition & Literature, AP English Literature and Composition|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirts,shorts, polo style shirts with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Registration $450, Book Fee $600, Activity Fee $150 Tuition deposit $1000, Tuition accepted annually, by semester, or in 10 monthly installments.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Allison|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Sheriff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Robotics Club, Rock Jazz Band., Running Club, Science Club, Student Government
- Allison Academy is a small school with a "family" atmosphere.
- We provide a full curriculum of courses that meet and exceed the State requirements for a high school diploma and for college/university entrance.
- We provide a wide range of electives including art, drama, journalism, yearbook, guitar, team sports, forensic science, anthropology, and personal finance.
- We have the following after school activities: rock/jazz band, art club, chess club, scrabble club, student government, dinner/ prom committee
- Sports available are the following: basketball, volleyball, tennis, track & field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 1250 students
601 NE 107 St.
Miami, FL 33161
(305) 779-7230 3 NS-12
- Miami Grades: 1-12 | 168 students
9600 Sw 107th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 271-9771 22 1-12
- Miami Grades: 6-12 | 332 students
1110 Ne 163rd St Ofc 201
Miami, FL 33162
(305) 957-1670 0.9 6-12
- Miami Grades: K-12 | 116 students
13262 Sw 119th Ter
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 378-5775 24.2 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.