St Marys Cathedral School
- St. Mary Parochial School swung open its doors in 1939 to two hundred and thirty students.
- Over the course of 66 years the school has weathered numerous changes within itself and in the population it served.
- Sixty years ago the Little River neighborhood was an upper middle class area with comfortable living conditions.
- Today this same area struggles over many social and economic problems.
- The changes have had a profound effect on the makeup of our student body and the character of our school.
- Our mission is to promote Gospel Values, to serve the people of God, to foster a community centered in the Holy Spirit and to provide for the spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional growth of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 503 students
592 Ne 60th St
Miami, FL 33137
(305)757-1966 1.3 PK-8
- Miami Grades: NS-5 | 146 students
777 Nw 85th St
Miami, FL 33150
(305)691-1291 0.9 NS-5
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 1250 students
601 NE 107 St.
Miami, FL 33161
(305)779-7230 3.3 NS-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 555 students
425 Ne 105th Street
Miami, FL 33138
(305)751-4257 2.1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.