- Shelton Academy PK-8, located in Doral, Florida, is a private learning community committed to educating the heart, mind and spirit of each child.
- The school boasts an international faculty and students from 33 countries.
- Shelton is a fully-accredited institution by AdvancEd, AISF and NCPSA.
- Unique programs include STEM marine biology, individualized English language learner curriculum, ethics and values, human rights, honors and advanced curriculum, DARE, Model United Nations, and National Honor Society, among others.
- Our goal is to develop lifelong learners through a unique approach to education that respects each student`s individual learning style and inner passion.
- We start at the Common Core Curriculum but let the students' desire to keep on learning take us farther than the requirements.
- We fuse the Reggio Emilia philosophy, which respects each child as an individual, with the 21st Century approach in order to prepare a self-confident, successful individual.
Shelton Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiated Instruction|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||McKay and Step Up accepted.|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Dance, Fencing, Flag Football, Freestyle Skiing, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Cheering,|
Fencing, Flag Football,
Freestyle Skiing, Gymnastics,
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Comics, Drama Program, Music Institute, Painting/Clay/Sculpture, Piano/Guitar/Drums/Voice
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Hip Hop Dance, Karate, Soccer/Tennis/Basketball/Volleyball
- Shelton Academy offers a modern approach to education, where children develop free thinking, creativity and self-confidence.
- Our mission is to foster an educational environment welcoming of critical thinking, communication and collaboration, and to nurture creative passionate world citizens through inspired and innovative learning.
- We are dedicated to providing culturally diverse and creative educational content in order to prepare our students for passionate life long learning and global citizenship. They will have respect, responsibility and integrity to lead socially and intellectually fulfilling lives while maintaining a responsible awareness of their environment. They will be risk takers and innovators, equipped with both the skills and spirit to contribute, to be successful and to invent the future.
- Unique programs include STEM marine biology, ethics and values, human rights, honors and advanced curriculum, DARE, Model United Nations, and National Honor Society, among others.
- Our after school program is one of the most diverse in the area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 35 students
20061 Nw 13th Ct
Miami, FL 33169
(305) 757-8741 14 PK-8
- Pembroke Pines Grades: K-12 | 115 students
14900 N.W. 20th Street
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
(954) 431-4224 15 K-12
I made the tour for Pre K and met some of the staff! All of them simply AMAZING... Since I entered the school, I noticed not only professionalism but also how happy and respectful all the students were. The Pre K director (who personally gave me the tour) was beyond friendly, professional and experienced.
- Posted by Parent - Corina
I enrolled my son at Shelton Academy on August 2017 and it has been the best choice for him. We feel proud to be part of the Shelton family. The teachers and staff call every kid by their names. The school keep the students motivated and willing to learn more every day. They have a marine biology program and field trips every month. They also teach ethics and values, human rights, sports, and the academic standards are really high. We have to drive more than 20 miles every morning to get to school and fight traffic but it is really worth it. I would recommend the school to everyone who is looking for a great school and best loving and caring environment.
- Posted by Parent - Luz
Shelton is a unique school, where students have the opportunity to learn in a very special manner, by exploring, by discussing and by being very hands on. I fell in love with the schools appearance but that did not compare to the love and care my son receives on a daily basis. The entire school staff knows every child's name and make the children feel very much at home.
- Posted by Parent - Adrian
Our experience at Shelton Academy has been amazing. My kids are learning with hands on experiences and with an eduction beyond the notebooks. The marine biology program is absolutely great. They don't only get knowledge in the lab at school, but the experience of going to the sea and learn hands on, is great. We feel very blessed to have our kids attending Shelton. Their education is great and the ethics and values that our kids are learning everyday are the a big part of the ir program. At Shelton they get to learn, play and do sports. Their facilities are amazing, and we trulls feel it's the best place!
- Posted by Parent - parent
This is an AMAZING school. I personally attended this school for most of my academic career and I was accepted into 2 prestigious high schools. I have learned so much, and I was extremely prepared for highschool. The teachers, staff, and the environment in general is very loving. I am so glad that I had the chance to be apart of the shelton family!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Happy Student
My daughter's years spent at Shelton Academy were ages 5-7, kindergarten through 2nd grade. When she woke up in the mornings, she couldn't wait to go to school. Shelton teachers and staff made her learning experience there a parents dream come true. There was never a dull moment at Shelton. Shelton Academy was a family filled atmosphere. My daughter met some of her best friends there. Not only did Shelton offer great academics but athletics as well. The aquatics and tennis courts are spectacular. Swimming once a week was an added bonus in the curriculum. The field trips were phenomenal learning trips for my daughter. She has always been a bright child and very inquisitive. Shelton Academy just added on to her creativity and high demand to learn. I could not have chose a better school for her early learning developments. Although we wish we could have kept her there, my 5 year old son and my 7 year old step son would not have been able to benefit due to other financial obligations.
- Posted by Parent - Kalika
My son was very happy with both of his teachers. We love the school and the staff.
- Posted by Parent - 4th Grade Parent
I consider the team of teachers and the administrative staff with whom we have interacted to be excellent. It is a beautiful Institution. We are very grateful for the commitment and affection they have given our son. It has been beyond expectations.
- Posted by Parent - Maria M.
My two kids have been attending this school for three years now. They came from a very distinguish school in the gables and I was somewhat apprehensive about the level of education here. For my surprise, after the first year I compared curriculums and I realized Shelton was more advanced in all subjects including math (the other school claimed to be one year ahead). Both of my kids are attending middle school and had the opportunity to participate with the school in top programs as Model United Nations in NYC (winning three awards in the first year), National Geographic Bee and Junior National Honor Society. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an amazing school with excellent academic standards and a loving and caring environment.
- Posted by Parent - rebec