Westwood Christian School Photo #6 - Emmanuel Dowuona, received full basketball scholarship at Purdue University.
Westwood Christian School has offered a superior education for over 60 years in the Miami area.
The campus sits on 30 acres of beautiful land in Horse Country and is home to over 500 students from K-2 through twelfth grade.
Since 1959, Westwood Christian has been recognized for its academic excellence and Christian principles teaching.
Students are instructed from a Biblical view with values that are taught and practiced in everyday school life.
The sequence of our courses is carefully maintained throughout each level in order to prepare students for their future education level. Preschool students learn in a fun and interactive program emphasizing the fundamentals of reading, phonics, counting and numbers. Elementary students gain a foundation of fundamental skills and concepts essential in a fun, active environment. Middle and high school students are challenged in core classes: Math, English, History, and Science. Honors, Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement courses are availble for students that are interested and meet these course requirements. (Westwood Christian follows the course codes established by the Florida Department of Education).
In addition to the academic fundamentals, our program includes enrichment opportunities in the fine arts, technology, physical education, languages and sports. We have a professional, passionate and committed staff that are focused on preparing and enriching the lives of each of the students they teach.
We pride ourselves in ensuring that our graduates are well prepared to enter the best universities and to succeed in the path God has for them. We welcome you to visit our campus and personally experience our friendly and safe educational environment.
For more information, please contact Diana Salermo, Enrollment Director at 305.274.3380. X80237
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 545 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Westwood Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 46%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
$6,370-$9,500 (k2-12 grade)
Summer Program Cost Notes
Circle C Ranch Summer Camp
National avg.: 85%
Mr. Diana Salermo
Total Sports Offered
- Westwood Christian School has been educating students in Dade County for over 60 years. We believe every child needs an excellent education to be prepared them for the future. We offer a distinctive Christian education based on the Word of God, the center of all truth. Our goal is to help our students develop a Christ-like character.The academic program at Westwood Christian School is focused on a college prep curriculum. We believe that our students need a strong academic foundation to be accepted in any university. We offer a variety of Honor, and AP courses. Our sports and fine art programs have achieved statewide awards and recognition. We depend on a superior faculty full of passion for educating and influencing every student they teach. All of our teachers are fully accredited with the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.We invite you to visit our campus and experience our beautiful learning environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Westwood Christian School?
The acceptance rate of Westwood Christian School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
Does Westwood Christian School offer a summer program?
Yes, Westwood Christian School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Westwood Christian School offer?
Westwood Christian School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Weightlifting.
What is Westwood Christian School's ranking?
Westwood Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Westwood Christian School?
The application deadline for Westwood Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Westwood Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.