Palmetto Bay Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
PBA students are prepared for the dynamic world of modern university education by incorporating technology into all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Palmetto Bay Academy provides a top-quality educational experience for secondary students who desire a small, nurturing environment. Our program has a 18 year proven record of success with students who are struggling in traditional public or private schools for a variety of reasons.
- We offer rigorous academics as well as group and individual electives in a socially and emotionally supportive setting.
- All levels of instruction are available, from remedial to Advanced Placement.
- Our goal is to help students develop the values, motivation, and self-reliance that will successfully prepare them for the future.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Processing, Gifted, Autism/Aspergers|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP - CSP - New Next Year!, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Computer Science A, AP English Comp, AP English Language and Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt, polo with school logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,500|
|Tuition Notes||Application fee of $75 (includes diagnostic testing for placement purposes). Additional registration fees of $500 for new students and an annual book & course fee of $750.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maggie Eubanks|
|Admissions Associate||John Eubanks|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball, Books to Movies Club, Chess and Games Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Design Club, Destination Imagination, Fitness Club, Robotics Club, Service Clubs, Showcase/Performing Arts Club, Speech & Debate, Student Government Association, Yearbook Basketball, Cooking Club, Design Club, Fitness Club, Robotics Club, Service Clubs, Yearbook, Books to Movies Club,|
Chess and Games Club,
Creative Writing Club,
Showcase/Performing Arts Club,
Speech & Debate,
Student Government Association,
- Experienced and passionate school staff
- Small class size (maximum 7 students)
- Challenging academic content
- Seemless integration of blended learning
- Curriculum customized to student's level to pinpoint factors for success
- Study skills and organizational strategies
- Long and short term goal setting
- Higher-level thinking, not memorization
- Flexible-paced instruction with eye to setting and meeting goals
- Accelerate learning or recapture credits
- Nurturing, home-like environment
- Field trips and enrichment activities
- Community service component
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 957 students
5801 Sw 120th Avenue
Miami, FL 33183
- MiamiGrades: K-12 | 38 students
15924 Sw 92nd Ave
Miami, FL 33157
- MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 885 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
- MiamiGrades: 9-12 | 1165 students
2950 Sw 87th Ave
Miami, FL 33165
- MiamiGrades: PK-5 | 395 students
5950 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156
The best school that we have had for our children's, we have been blessed for finding this school. We strongly recommend it and we congratulate Ms. Gross and the staff.
- Posted by Parent - micha
Without trying to be overly dramatic, I would have to say that Palmetto Bay Academy saved my son's life and got him back on the road to academic and personal success. My very bright son went from missing over 70 days of 11th grade due to illness with failing grades, no interest in college and behavioral issues to being the valedictorian of the Palmetto Bay Academy class of 2014 and getting into all 10 colleges he applied to. The guidance and positive acceptance of this child by PBA teachers and staff put my son back in the academic world and inspired him to turn everything around in his life. We can never be grateful enough for what Palmetto Bay Academy did for our son.
- Posted by Parent - maril
Our son had lost direction and motivation for school. He had tested as gifted his entire and did well until middle school. We tried several high schools for him but he always seemed to get "lost" with teachers that didn't inspire him to learn or grow. We thought that there was nowhere left to try until an academic counselor suggested PBA. Our son is finishing high school there in the next two months and has been admitted to eight different colleges and is on the waitlist for three others. The school offered a personalized approach to our son's needs and got him to see the "goal line" and finish high school with a very respectable GPA. Thanks PBA!! PS Maggie Eubanks is great!!
- Posted by Parent - kingc
The excellence of the faculty members at any school is a major factor in the quality of education you receive and this is one of the main advantages of attending PBA very supportive and qualified faculty. Failing is not an option.
- Posted by Parent - vgurd
Mrs. Gross is the best !! She made all the difference in the world for our son. We feel blessed to have had her as a teacher, director and supportive human being. Great faculty too!
- Posted by Parent - vgurd
PBA has a unique learning environment where our son was finally able to do well in school. There is no place like it! He has been at several private/boarding schools that have all claimed to be dedicated to helping him succeed, but this is the first school that showed us they meant it! Mrs. Gross and all of the teachers are truly dedicated to helping students find a pathway to achieving their full potential! They CARE! We are so grateful to have found this school.
- Posted by Parent - Ptcsw
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.